Newt Gingrich to restore faith in presidency with faith in God Comments

As voters scrutinize Newt Gingrich they are examining the faith of a man who has like many others, had his ups and downs. A convert to Catholicism, Gingrich's views have wide appeal to Catholics, and as he articulates his beliefs, many are taking a new found interest in him. Continue Reading

1. Gary

Obama 2011.
    Anyone who believes the man is evil watches too much Faux News.

2. John D

Mormonism is not mainstream Christianity and does have cult like similarities (isolation
    of prospective new converts from their families forone year, over reliance on a single
    "prophet", esoteric rituals, extra Biblical writings, i.e., Book of Mormon, etc). Anyone who takes the time to truly investigate the beliefs would find that they are so far off the beaten
    path they are hard to take seriously. The prophesies of John Smith are equally ludicrous. Complicating the issue, there are many Mormons, I am sure, that do a better job of living a good clean life then others from more "main line" denominations. This is likely a very big attraction for those who are looking to convert. The same sort of thing can be said for Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's). I do know several JW's and they are upstanding people drawn to the religion by how the JW adherents act. These people are searching for a wholesome community. They have a desire to be close to God and live the way he wants us to live. You have to give them credit for that. These pathways, however, do not stand up to intellectual scrutiny. They can't be reconciled with historical or geographical reality. JW and Mormon doctrines are full of holes and frequently change. As long as Mormons or JW's do not question their church's authority or think critically, they're fine and life is good. What happens to these folks? I'll leave it to God to sort all that out. It's above my pay grade.

3. JoAnn

Doris Hartsock: Hey, welcome aboard. Finally, someone closer to my own age. Thanks for your post and a very Merry and Blessed Christmas to you too. God bless.

4. DORIS HARTSOCK

i have no preference when it comes to11-2012.i do know i'll vote for anyone to stop obama from being reelected.i honestly believe he's evil.i know we're not to judge people but please check out some of his speechess in fact some were played on this web-site.he mocked our bible,LEVITICUS,DUETERONMY and especially the SERMON ON THE MONT while praising islam.if you didn't know better you would think islam was responsible for our very being,art,science etc.etc.etc.also he's the most pro-abortion president ever.and of course hIs stand on homosexuality.i'm 80 years old and i fear for our country.may GOD BLESS us all and our country.A VERY MERRY BLESSED CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

5. Judy

JeanMarie: Agreed. Although their religion was est. not 200 years ago, i.e., The Book of Mormon, which is added to the Bible, it has some Really far-out things in it. Not speaking on authority, but if I remember correctly? I was told on Authority, that the Book of Mormon, coupled w/their non-beliefs on the Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, do put them in a near cult religious status. And, mgm: You are correct. I know this through my own brother-in-law who is Mormon. Our whole family is written down to be Saved! He and his wife have been married in heaven in the Temple. Catholics do not believe that way. I think why Mormons may have the following is because all this stuff Sounds so good? The thing is, we have to have Tolerance. That is the way of the world now more than ever, if we are to have peace. DarthJ: Ron Paul is an Isolationist, and that went out 150-200 yrs. ago! To stay to ourselves is only to ask for repercussions in the world of today. He shows no happy or peacefulness about him. Only, my way is the right way. And truthfully, he sometimes gives me a belly laugh! Not that I am laughing at him, but in the privacy of my own living room, he can't help what comes from his mouth...which I guess, seems silly to me at times...bless his soul. Vance: I think I am in agreement, though I am still waiting...I don't know for what. Santorum? I just don"t know yet. And as for those who can not forgive Newt... God has forgiven him, why not you? You evidently do not think he is capable of being illuminated by God? Who can make that judgment? Blessings...

6. DarthJ

Ron Paul for 2012!

7. techwreck

Cassandra's comment said it all as did Jesus, "Judge not lest you be judged" (Matt. 7:1) Christ tells us we can not judge the mind and heart of others unless we want the same treatment from God. However, I don't think that applies to their political records. Apparently, some of the posters haven't read Christ's words carefully.

8. John

to Phil.
    Mitt Romney is opposed to abortion. The Massachusetts health plan originally did not include abortion in it, but the liberal Godless legislature and Godless Massachusetts supreme court required that since the state was involved, that abortion be included.
    Romney tried to get that turned around, but could not raise enough of those good Catholic voters in Massachusetts to pressure the legislature to change that.
    Have a nice day.

9. Jean Marie

I read that the LDS believe in pre-existence, that angels become human, that Adam is god, that Jesus and the devil are brothers, that Jesus and Mary Magdalen were married, that human males become gods in the afterlife and that women bear spirit children, that LDS are the only Christians and the rest of us are heretics. They are pro-life but with the exceptions of incest, rape, or if there is danger to the mother. Mormonism may use the same words and readings but they have vastly different meanings for them than Catholicism....... but that doesn't mean a Mormon couldn't be president.
    I read that Newt has repented of his sins, has been received into the Catholic Church, and is prepared to safeguard his soul even while being involved in politics. That doesn't mean that he couldn't be president.
    If one really believes what one says he believes, there can be no separation of church and state unless one violates his conscience.

10. Mark Chermside

In fact JFK is the only U.S. president in our history, one of 44, to be Roman Catholic!