Newt Gingrich to restore faith in presidency with faith in God Comments

As voters scrutinize Newt Gingrich they are examining the faith of a man who has like many others, had his ups and downs. A convert to Catholicism, Gingrich's views have wide appeal to Catholics, and as he articulates his beliefs, many are taking a new found interest in him. Continue Reading

1. JoAnn

Judy: Sorry, I should have read it more carefully. When we write something, we have a particular sound in our head of what the comment should sound like but it doesn't always come forth without hearing it. Sometimes it COULD sound sarcastic, but it's not. I was born before WWII. That's why you and I agree on most things. We know what kind of a nation we grew up in. I'm afraid, Judy, that we are not going to see that nation again. During WWII, the country would schedule black-out drills. The drills would turn off all the lights in the whole city to practice what they would do if enemy planes were coming. I remember the whole family would sit out on the front porch during that time to experience it on the outside. It was really eerie. It's like standing out in the middle of a field with nothing else around for miles and it would be pitch black. God bless.

2. Judy

m: Thank you for your opinion. I have never been called a "War Hawk" before. Because I don't agree w/you on Ron Paul? Because I like Rick Santorium. That is interesting. Hummmmmmmm. We both Pray the Rosary. We both are Catholic. A new thought to add to my reflection. Blessings....

3. Judy

JoAnn: Rob FIRST mentioned "war monger" in his post. So, in answering, I was alluding to his post to get his attention. Blessings...

4. Judy

My Dear JoAnn, As far as Bush is concerned, you don't have to worry! Read my post again and see if you don't get ...by my further explanations to Rob, that the war in Iraq was not Bush' fault. As you said, he was given false information. I opened my sentence being facetious to Rob, so he would read further reasoning. Thank you for calling my attention to it. I am sure others thought the same. I was born after WWii.But as a child I do remember the K. years and him wanting to go to D.Land. Daddy of course fought in WWII & was always a Patriot. Always talking politics. Always a learning, and a self-made man. In later years he said, "We always thought we would have to worry about Russia, but it's China we have to look out for". Our son in the Military, was astounded when I told him that. He was amazed at his old grandpa's perception! These kids!,,,, Blessings......

5. Bulbajer

JoAnn, no no, I really meant that it was interesting! I wasn't bored at all. I'll pray for your great-granddaughter and your grandson.

6. Vance

Rob, I feel tears you have for your Dear Leader and my keyboard is soaking wet. In case you weren't paying attention, North Korea's Communist Despot is referred by his serfs as 'Dear Leader'. It is mandatory that all North Koreans call him Dear Leader. No, your Dear Leader, Obama, didn't create the Entitlement system. His and your Marxist Democrat Party did. He just made it worse with his Mickey Mouse Super Majority Congress under Reid and Pelosi. Yes, your Dear Leader is doing his Iranian ally's bidding by prematurely withdrawing our troops when our military generals advised against it. Now, they are vulnerable against Iranian attack or Iranian sponsored insurrection. Currently, Dirty Harry Reid is holding our nation hostage with his senate majority. The House has sent 8 Bi-partisan budget bills to the senate to be 'Pigeon Holed' by Dirty Harry. Dirty Harry hasn't passed a budget since 2008. Right now, your Dear Leader is assaulting the Catholic Church like no other President in the past. Yes, Obama is your Dear Leader not mine. He regards the Catholic Church and the Faithful, which includes me, as his enemy. He is very glad to have 'Useful Idiots', Vladimir Lenin's term, to follow his commands. The Catholic Faithful will need to get off their couches are start fighting for their religion and our freedom. 2012 is a good place to start by voting out the Marxist Democrat Party and electing a Catholic candidate.

7. JoAnn

Bulbajer: Sorry about boring you with my llttle story. I don't know what made me do that. It was running through my mind and before I knew it, I had typed it out. I should have deleted it. Another thing, I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my first great granddaughter, she's due anytime and my grandson is in Afghanistan. God bless.

8. mgm.

Anybody.You want to get tough with Iran , welll first will need the military draft to replace the thousands of men and women that will be killed and lamed and start a crash building program of new VA hospitals for them..Do you really think that Iran that fought with Iraq that attack her (1980s) for years taking hunderds of thousands killed are just going to lay down after we bomb them ?I'am sure millions of Iranians do'nt care for their country's leadership but believe Iran as patriots( yes! people other then Americans feel love of country) should have atomic weapons like India ,Pakistan and Israel .Judy .Sean Hannity was the biggest pusher of the Iraq war ,he made the comment on FoxNews that the U.S army should just make a turn into Syria just days after the Iraq war began.the knucklehead does'nt know what he's talking about. P.S. If there was a draft the U.S. would'nt be fighting anybody soon anywhere when it hits all Americans as any war should that the President is going to send troops anywhere they'll say wait a minute you want to send my son ,grandson ,husband ,lover ,brother . sister now(you fill in what you want)where? to do what?

9. JoAnn

Judy: Hi! I don't believe that Bush was a war monger. He did have false information when he went into Iraq. I do wish he would have listened to JPII though. Bush did get rid of a genocidal devil and the people were grateful. But it DID open up a can of worms. We have to remember, it WAS Islamic terrorist that STARTED this war not US. And, I believe you could be right that it was a distraction. You and I both know that this history that is taking place was prophecied. What we are going to go through is not going to be pleasant, but we have one happy consolation, we win in the end. I don't know what your age is, but I'm guessing it's not too far behind mine and it's most likely I will not see the glorious consumation, at least not from Earth. You and I also know that God will not let the destruction of Israel take place. Maybe America, since she has turned so far away from Him. I am praying that this is just a form of chastisement that we will have to endure for, who knows, many years and when, I say when, we return to Him, He will stay His hand and give us another chance. I appreciate your support regarding my posts. I hope everyone remembers, I'm an old lady and my bad grandmother habit of preaching just sometimes automatically comes through. If it does sound like I'm preaching, forgive me, old habits are hard to bread. God bless.

10. Rob

vance, what victory are you referring to? Are you under some illusion that Iraq was going to become like hometown, USA? And what part of sovereign country do you not understand? If they want us out, shouldn't we leave? They never wanted us their in the first place. But sure, let's keep borrowing from China to finance a dead end. As we had to fight for our own freedom, Iraq will have to do the same. But it seems odd to me that being such a freedom lover you would propose truely occupying the country against the wishes of their people and government. JoAnn, you do realize that when Obama started he had to deal with a $1.9 trillion dollar deficit right? And the majority of that deficit (similar to today) was war cost, unfunded tax cuts, and unfunded medicare costs (prescription drug benefit). I tink it is absolutely fair to say that Obama has done a terrible job in dealing with the mess he was dealt. No arguements from me on that one. But the problem I think I have with a lot of the criticism is that somehow many of you have put all the problems on him as if he was the sole cause. Obama didn't create our entitlement systems, wasn't in office when they were implemented and wasn't in office when the green light to raid them was given. Obama didn't start our middle east conflicts. Obama didn't push for deregulation of the financial sector. But it's absolutely fair to say that Obama has been a failure of a leader by allowing these mickey mouse politicians to hold our progress hostage. Health care reform was a terrible idea and the timing was all wrong. And sadly because he refuses to exercise any modicum of common sense, allowed the unfunded tax cuts to continue when when every financial statement is bleeding red and we've had years to prove that tax cuts have not lead to job growth. I have never seen the opposition since day one that Obama has had to endure. I think the standard this president has been held to is far more intense than any other president. I don't think that is necessarily bad given the problems our country faces, I just hope if the GOP pulls off a win, that you guys hold them to the same standard. Because very soon it will be someone else's time to deal with these problems. It will be interesting to see if the new guy has the political courage to do what needs to be done. Lastly, vance, unless you moved to another country, he's your dear leader too my friend. In fact, you are the only person that I've ever heard refer to him in that manner. Like I've said many times, I think you probably spend way more time thinking about him that I ever will. I understand why he is so dear to you.