Health Care, the Sophistry of Nancy Pelosi and that 'Conscience Thing' Comments

Not only do our consciences need to be formed, they can also become deformed and regularly need to be re-formed. That is all too evident when we look at the way in which some Catholics, like Nancy Pelosi, approach political participation.She intentionally confuses others about what the Catholic Church teaches concerning conscience. Consciences are "good" when they are properly formed in the truth which leads the person to do what is ... Continue Reading

1. JoAnn

Rob: I'm getting confused. I have posted to you on other topics and I forget which one I was addressing you on. Regarding healthcare. My stand on that is that I think that and most other issues should be up to the states. I'm an avid believer in the 10th amandment. If individual states want healthcare, I think that is up to the citizens of that particular state. I do believe that the people should have a vote regarding it and not have it forced upon them. I am opposed to the Federal Government forcing it on its citizens.The Fed.s sole duty is to protect our right to life (born and unborn), protect our right to liberty and to protect our right to pursue happiness. It is to protect our Constitution and protect us from enemies foreign and domestic. Everything else should be left up to the states period. The Federal Reserve should be abolished or severly limited. Bernake should be fired immediately. God bless.

2. JoAnn

Rob: I will try to answer your question as simply as possible. Progressiveness on the RIGHT is FASCISM and progressiveness on the LEFT is COMMUNINISM. That's why I say ALL the progressives have to go. WE need to elect people who are strict Constitutionalist. We have to take back our country and get back the REPUBLIC. And the only way we are going to get freedom loving, God-fearing people in, is to research their records while they have been in Washington or any other office they have held locally. Who is most consistent in supporting the issues that are most important to us? Obama is the instrument that will bring about the fall of the Republic. We are coming up on the last ramp to freedom. If we miss the ramp, well, I don't even want to think about it. We are heading for a Global war and it isn't going to be pretty. Obama and Hillary are two of Alinsky's most notable modern-day disciples. If Hillary had been elected, we would have the same state of affairs. Obama even taught Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" while in college. He has been groomed for this moment in time. Like Farrakhan said, "Obama was SELECTED, NOT ELECTED." Again, I say, read Obama's book "Dreams From My Father." Read HIS OWN WORDS!! His father was a Muslim communist, who fought against Capitalism in Kenya. So did his grandfather. His grandfather was a spy for his country when they were fighting the English. against Colonialism. He was caught, and punished by the English. That is why one of the first things Obama did when he got in the WH was pack up the bust of Winston Churchhill and send it back to England. That was not Obama's place to do that. The bust was a gift to America from the English. Another thing that Obama did when he first got in the WH, was call the terrorist leader Abbas. Obama is not a friend of the USA. He is out to destroy us. If you read "Dreams From My Father", read Obama's book "The Audacity of Hope." Find out who Obama really is. Read "Barack Obama's Rules for Revolution: The Alinsky Model" by David Horowitz, read The Chicago Cnnection: Hillary, Obama and the Cult of Alinsky" by Richard Poe, "How Obama Revolution Came to America" by Robert Chandler, Obama's Radical Roots and Rules" by Investor's Business Daily, "The Roots of Obama's Rage" by Dinesh D'Souza. There is so much information out there about Obama, honestly, I can't see how he has mesmerized anyone. We know that 95% of Black America voted for him simply because he is black. Truth be known, he is a Mulato. Half black and half white. He is not 100% black. So, Rob, don't make the mistake in thinking Obama isn't smart enough to be doing what people claim he is doing. This man is brilliant beyond our immagination. Let's look at his background, shall we? His mother is a communist, his grandparents on his mother's side are communists and his closest mentor in his college days is a communist. His father and grandparents in Kenya were communists He has been exposed all of his life to these influences. How can anyone believe that all that wouldn't affect him. If you also research Soros, you will find that Obama has done everything that Soros has said he wants to do to take down America. Soros has said "The only obstacle to an open society is the United States." Soros suggested a large stimulis, Obama did it. Soros suggested universal healthcare, Obama did it. Soros susggests overwhelming the US with entitlements, Obama is doing it. Soros is known as the man who broke the Bank of England, he is known as an economic terrorist. Soros has collapsed 4 countries and he his target now is the USA. Hillary is Soros' little darling. They pulled strings getting her elected as senator of NY. Rob, I can go and on but I would be writing for weeks and there is just not enough room here to do so. God bless.

3. Rob

sorry JoAnne, I meant to address that last post to Judy. I failed to mention one thing though. I do think it's poor leadership on Obama's part that he doesn't assume responsibility for anything. But his failure to lead doesn't change the circumstance. But it may explain why we are not coming out of this recession as fast as we could be.

4. Rob

So vance, are you suggesting that Obama wanted to run a gun operation with the cartels? He needed the money? I think you guys give Obama too much credit. The real tragedy will probably be that he was clueless this was going on. But I suspect as far as this will go will be Holder. But I guess time will tell. Should be interesting. JoAnne, just to ensure I follow you logic, are you saying that after two years Obama would have fully absorbed all the effects of prior administrations and any ill effects would be his alone? Doesn't that logic fly in the face of a progressive force destroying this country? I got the impression from your posts that the wheels of this machine have been turning for decades. I guess I don't follow that logic. I always take great comfort that I didn't vote for him, but regardless of that, I'm not pinning this entire disaster on him. If anything, he owns the consequences of the path he chose to correct, but that is all. The slates don't automatically become clean when a new President takes office. And the systemic problems our country is facing today are more than any one person.

5. Judy

Vance: The longer Obama is in office, more and more scandals are brought to the surface! It is appalling! The first 2 years I can concede his "inheritance". After that, he possesses pure ownership as far as stimulus. But as far as investing and spending Our $, losing it,being held unaccountable for certain Green Co. going bankrupt, Corizine losing $ and not accounting for it, Fast & Furious, HE IS as Totally Responsible and Accountable as well as they are, in my opinion. Holder appears guilty. And I would not be surprised if Obama was guilty as well...but we know who will get holding the bag. In All of these criminal activities Obama was at the helm. It is pretty clear. I hope the Truth, whatever it is? comes out...like Nixon. I do not think Nixon did anything anyone before him did not do. He just got caught. Well, I hope the Real guilty person is caught here...not a patsy. This all falls into what I commented on another post, about the "domino effect". Cronies. Blessings....

6. Judy

Rob: Merry Christmas my brother! Peace, Joy, and Love...

7. vance

Fast and Furious is a Huge criminal scandal. The Left wing Obamabots in the Media did everything they could to sweep this under the rug but it has grown so big that it became difficult for them to hide the proverbial elephant. So now, they are spinning the as a "Sting gone bad". This was not a sting. This is straight up gun running and money laundering for the Mexican Drug Cartels. This is why the Whistle blower came forward. The Whistle Blower was part of what he thought was a sting job. As the Bad Guys were picking up the guns, the Whistle Blower called in for 'Back Up' but his supervisor 'Ordered" him to stand down and let the guns go. It doesn't get more criminal than this. Obama and Holder should be in handcuffs in jail for criminal gun running, money laundering, and the murder of an American Border Agent.

8. Rob

Judy, you are right and I apologize.

9. Judy

Rob: In the name of Love and Peace and Joy, in thus most Holy Season of Advent= Stop. Listen. Reflect. (1) We are you brothers and sisters in Christ. (2) We all know that both parties have been worthy of accusations from at least Teddy Roosevelt, who was a Rep. turned Progressive. (3) I spent my own time, explaining Factual True information about who Progressives were w/o bias. Why? Because you asked me too. What did I get in return for it? (Though I expected nothing, I got more than what my good little heart intended and bargained for). (4) Name Calling, "you guys"? ...A change of the subject and accusations? I could go on but I won't. JoAnn called on Vance to watch his wording. May I be so bold as to do the same w/you?
    Others have noticed, and commented that this Is a Catholic/Christian thread. Please don't ask someone here a question and then bombard them, no matter who it is. Christ said, "Where two or three are gathered, there am I in the midst of them." Let us all remember, Christ is here w/us. Prayers and Blessings of Joy are sent to you...

10. Rob

Nice try vance. The financial services modernization act was signed by Clinton in 1999 and provided to him by a GOP controlled house and senate. (see why I always say it's both parties). Both parties played a key role in destrying this economy. But I would urge you to spend some time reviewing the floor debates on this act. It's pretty interesting who was for it and who was against it. And it's also painfully apparent who was right. But again, both parties own it and neither party seems willing to correct it. Vance, I think I could take you seriously if I saw the same outrage over spending a debt when the GOP controls. Again, come back with what the debt has been accumulated for and then we can talk about who's to blame. Again, it's always both/and, never someone alone. And no one said fast and furious wasn't a big deal. To you and I it's a huge deal, but to the politicians who can start a war and then say woops we screwed up thousands of lives and trillions in the hole later or send federal agents to their death and say woops as well, it's tragic. But they get away with it time and after time because when it's "my" guy who's done it, I can rationalize it away. But when it's the other guy, it's treason, criminal etc. Blah, blah vance. No arguments from me about the dems embrace of abortion. It's sick and it's the reason I don't vote for them. But when the party that touts they are prolife only seems to use their power to puruse money, I'm sorry, sins of ommision count too. But keep on believing that any of these darn parties have your best interest at heart. Keep on thinking that the GOP will restore any sort of fiscal order. We are where we are because both parties have taken us here. They make take turns wielding damage, but it's always both. If you want to keep thinking otherwise, that is your right for sure. And those that are self interested on the right are counting on guys just like you. No different than those on the left counting on liberal whack jobs as well. They need people that will never hold them accountable. It's the main reason we are where we are.