Health Care, the Sophistry of Nancy Pelosi and that 'Conscience Thing' Comments

Not only do our consciences need to be formed, they can also become deformed and regularly need to be re-formed. That is all too evident when we look at the way in which some Catholics, like Nancy Pelosi, approach political participation.She intentionally confuses others about what the Catholic Church teaches concerning conscience. Consciences are "good" when they are properly formed in the truth which leads the person to do what is ... Continue Reading

1. Vance

Rob, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Michelle Bauchmann are not well liked by the Beltway Republican Establishment. The Establishment also hates the Tea Party. These clowns are part of the reason we still have Roe vs Wade. These clowns are also what we call RINOS. These RINO's are what you see as talking heads on the Sunday shows. I quit watching them years ago.

2. JoAnn

Rob: Unfortunately, you are right about the Tea Party. NOT THE RACE PART THOUGH!!! There is not one drop of racist blood in them. You forget over half this country put Obama in and they were some of them. They got mesmerized with the 'hope and change" bit and didn't bother to ask what kind of hope and change. Bush's spending was the reason they voted for Obama. Too bad he is only delivering what the Democratic Socialist want. If you have been reading my posts, you must have seen how I repremanded the Tea Party for their support of Newt. Big government, spending and taxes are still their concern but I think they are getting distracted because they want Obama out of office so badly. Just like the rest of us. I'm afraid though, they are beginning to panic and lose sight of their goals. They are getting sucked into the media propaganda and letting them pick the candidate. Question, why is it you call everybody disenchanted with Obama "Obama haters?" Why is it that people can't disagree with his policies without being racist? Were black people racists because they didn't agree with Bush's policies.? Think about it. God bless.

3. Judy

Hi Rob, As All the candidates said last night on the debates, "No matter which of them win, that One will Defeat Obama". To that they all agreed. The GOP will support whoever The People Select-like it or not. Blessings....

4. Rob

JoAnn, I always thought there were two main principles of the tea party. Government spending and hatred of Obama. I think with their support of Newt, it's pretty clear what their driving influence is. Hatren alone is not going to win this election. Newt polls terribly against Obama. As I watched the Sunday news shows last weekend, almost all of the leadership in the GOP can't stand him. They weren't shy about it either. The GOP has problems. They do not know who they are anymore. And it's rendering them ineffective. I guess time will tell.

5. Judy

Good Posts JoAnn Rob Vance. Rob, you are really asking the questions and putting forth your truth, while Vance, esp. JoAnn, is really educating this board! I think JoAnn may have answered my question that I put to her on another post! Blessings..

6. JoAnn

Rob: I agree with you about Santorum and Bachmann, not Huntsman. Huntsman is a progressive (light) I am very much in support of Santorum. We the people just have to beat the media and the establishment at their own game. All they do is talk about Newt-Romney (phrase Bachmann used in the last debate that I thought was great) We have to push our candidates and help enlighten other people to get behind the true conservatives. If we do that, I really believe we can get them up in the polls. Even the Tea Party. I am so upset with them for supporting Newt. It only makes everyone think they were just making a lot of noise with their small government, less spending, etc. rhetoric. They are compromising. I pray they come out of that stupor I know it's all because we want Obama out but compromising our principles and values is wrong. We must stick to them and pray that the Hand of God will help us. I also agree with you about beaucoup money behind BOTH PARTIES. That's why I'm an Independent also. I do not want to have to vote for a progressive because he/she is the lesser of two evils. I want to vote for and hopefully succeed in electing a candidate that is for this nation and its people. Not their own agendas. Establishment progressive Republicans disgust me also. We have to eventually throw out all the progressives in both parties or we are going to lose this country if it's not already too late. God bless.

7. Rob

JoAnn, I have always followed the money. It's the reason I've become a solid independent because neither party represents the people anymore. They represent the issues of those who pay for them to be there. It's the new game of the modern politician. I think this process has made one thing obvious. There are a few people I believe who are running because they really care. Bachman, Santorum and Huntsmen. And the party won't support them. It speaks volumes as to where the real republicans are and why I can't associate with them anymore. But money from the right isn't any better than money from the left because no matter what it undermines the people, it undermines the voter. vance, It is precisely because Obama is a baffoon that this theory you have is ridiculous. He's a smart guy no doubt, but he can't get anything done. And again, he's pretty much towing the line of what the GOP really values, tax cuts. He's just another driver on a train that started years ago. So you think Obama is in league with the Cartels and the Muslim brotherhood? Give us your proof.

8. JoAnn

Rob: You are far too naive if you think the voters are the only people that put these people in office. Follow the money. There was so much fraud when Obama was elected that even I was awed by it. Obama has lots of help. The entire administration has the same political philosophy that he has. The majority he had in the Senate and House gave him everything he wanted and have made themselves irrelevant. With the regulations that Cass Sunstein is busy writing everyday, Obama can do anything he wants. He doesn't even need to go through Congress. He proves that everyday. Didn't you see where Kucinik (a non-progressive Democrat) brought suit against him because he was "acting like an Emperor and America is not an Empire." His words, not mine. I watch C-Span a lot. I keep tabs on what goes on in Congress. I guess because I'm a retired old lady I have more time than a lot of you. You all have lives. All I have is the computer, my news sources and C-Span. LOL Rob, did you not read about Obama's upbringing and background? He was raised by communists for goodness sake. Are you going to tell me that that didn't have any influence on him? We have enemies within and they are doing a very good job in collapsing our system. They are building a machine and very soon now, they are going to turn that machine on and it ain't going to be full of the "hope and change" everyone was hoping for. It will be very foreign to what we have/had. God bless.

9. Vance

Rob, I thought you liberals believe Obama is the most intelligent individual since Socrates. So, are you saying Obama is a dumb buffoon who doesn't know what he is doing? Obama is very much in charge of what is going on in his Administration. Does Obama need the money??? He does want to win re-election and that will take a "Billion" dollars according to him. But it goes beyond that. Obama is a hardcore Marxist who is committed to taking this country and western society down. It's a complex effort but the Cartels and the Muslim Brotherhood are major players to achieve Obama's goal.

10. Rob

JoAnn, but Obama, alone, does not make the law. Obama cannot do anything of his own accord, regardless of what Soros or any of the other donors who are bankrolling him tell him to do. We have two other independent bodies that have a role to play. The only way that Obama can pull this off is the other bodies are complicit. The only way he pulls it off if the voters allow it. And many of the policy items you mentioned have been in place for decades or were also done by his predecessor who I doubt was taking advice from Soros. And as I said in another post, he ability to stay in office is always controlled by we the voters. And the moment he is out of office, the congress can reverse every policy and law he has passed, if they choose too. I honestly didn't think this country would survive the Bush years, but it did. And we'll survive the Obama years as well. Good point about facism. I just wish we talked about it more. The conversation regarding progressive is far too one sided.