Health Care, the Sophistry of Nancy Pelosi and that 'Conscience Thing' Comments

Not only do our consciences need to be formed, they can also become deformed and regularly need to be re-formed. That is all too evident when we look at the way in which some Catholics, like Nancy Pelosi, approach political participation.She intentionally confuses others about what the Catholic Church teaches concerning conscience. Consciences are "good" when they are properly formed in the truth which leads the person to do what is ... Continue Reading

1. vance

Tony_g_S, You're right, you are late to the party. "Hate the sin, Love the Sinner", "Pull the plank from your own eye". Been there, done that. We pray for Nancy Pelosi and the Marxist Democrat Party that they repent and convert to Jesus Christ. This is the same as we prayed for the conversion of murderous tyrants like Kim Jong Il, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, the Chinese Communist Government, and the Muslim regimes who murder and persecute Christians. Tony, Do we have a right to be angry when we have been victimized??? OR are we suppose to shut up and be quiet and just accept being victimized???

2. Tony_g_S

I'm just a visitor at the moment, but not sure that I wish to stay. The violence expressed in many of the comments seems to be more fit for the Fox website than Catholic Online! And no matter how you defend it, ending with "Blessings", or "God Bless" doesn't make it better. I only read from the current to the comments written on the 14th of Dec., but the tone is constant.

I was hoping to see fellow Catholics who support Church teaching and initiatives such as those promoted by the ideas of Social Justice, but from the little I've seen, the comments are just the opposite.

So you don't think I'm a troll or spamming, I'm a middle aged "cradle" Catholic who's married with four children. I'm not a member of either political party, because I think they both fail to represent my Catholic beliefs, and both seem more concerned with promoting failed ideology and donations rather than actually fixing our problems. I am also convinced that the major media networks, including Fox, CNN, and the old "big three" care more for ratings than ever before, and are willing to delve even deeper into the mud and slime to get the edge over their competitors.

The reason I read this article was to get an idea of how a controversial figure is treated by a Catholic publication. While I'm no fan of the former Speaker of the House, I saw much anger in the article, which when it comes to Right to Life issues is understandable. But, shouldn't there have been something in there that encouraged prayer and forgiveness along with continued dialogue? Remember Christ's words, "remove the moat in thine own eye..."? Not saying that what she is doing is above reproach, not at all! But, it seems to me that "love the sinner but not the sin" has lost it's place amongst today's Catholics. Especially considering the time of year.

Like I said, I'm not a troll. I am curious to hear thoughts on this.

Tony

3. Judy

JoAnn: Hi! Thanks for the info on terminology! I found out a long time ago, the more I think I do know, the more I learn I don't know. I just can't be an encyclopedia computer! Darn the luck anyway! And thanks for story of "lights out" during the war. I knew that they had them in England and Europe, but not here. I have heard rationing, stamps, war bonds of course. I also know that different parts of the country lived in different ways. A bit from history, but mostly, I have lots of stories and pictures of life from family at that time. Thanks again. Blessings.....

4. JoAnn

Vance: Hi Friend. Our words are wasted on progressives. Was it Lenin or Marx who coined the phrase "useful idiots." I thought it was Marx. I do know that it was Lenin that said Universal healthcare is the first step to socialism/communism. Thanks for you posts. God bless.

5. Vance

Rob, once again your tears for your Dear Leader is getting my keyboard all soaking wet. "Obama Haters". Gee Rob, do you suppose we might be a little angry over the fact that he has bankrupted our nation??? or Maybe because he is attacking the Catholic Church like no other President in history??? or maybe because there are 15 million+ people he caused to be unemployed, Lost their homes, lost their businesses??? or Maybe because he has the worst Foreign Policy record next to Jimmy Carter??? or maybe because Obama, Reid, and Pelosi rammed a Marxist Healthcare System down the throats of America who doesn't want it??? New polls show 80% against. I don't think the 15 million + people who are suffering share your tears.

6. JoAnn

Rob: It is only the progressives that call the opposition "haters and racists." God bless.

7. JoAnn

Judy: Hi. In case someone hasn't told you yet, RINO means Republicans in name only. Those are the progressives. CINO means Catholic in name only. Pelosi, Biden, Leahy, etc. God bless.

8. Judy

Hi Vance! Speaking to your last post: I have not heard the term RINOS before, but, to me, they are unfair Progressive-Liberal Establishment Media. I never watch them, because they are not true Media. They are disgusting. I guess we agree! Blessings...

9. JoAn

Vance: Hi Friend! These RINO's are PROGRESSIVES!!!! Do you want more progressives in Washington? God bless.

10. Rob

Hi all. I think I've come to "obama hatred" conclusion mostly by the rhetoric by some and the absolute failure by the opposition to accept any responsibility as to where we are at and project all their problems on him. From the birther debate to him being called the spawn of satan, it's hard to see the love in any of that. I have always found a stark contrast between this sentiment to restore America's values by the opposition and their behavior toward's Obama to be somewhat hyprocritical. I do not see Christian values in the speech towards him. Since day one there has been a movement against him unlike this country has ever seen. I will say that maybe the country has finally realized we are in trouble and perhaps this is a movement that will persist until we get politicians that will actually begin to do the work they are paid to do. I guess once the GOP takes the reigns we'll see. But I think in all this talk about restoring America's values, a lot of those who call for that don't pay close enough attention to their actions and what I believe the implcations are. We have a process in this country when we elect a president. The people picked Obama and he's our President. There is nothing to be gained by zealously ensuring that his Presidency is a complete failure because in case you haven't noticed, we are all failing. I can understand being vocal about certain policies, but this government has been gridlocked since the day he took office. This government can't even do simple adminstrative things anymore. This has not been good for our country. However, maybe we are at a crossroads and maybe we are finally saying no to the politics that got us in this mess. As I said before, only time will tell. I think it will be easy to judge the integrity of the opposition if the GOP takes the reigns. I am hoping that folks are consistent and on this point I want to be wrong.