Where's the fury over Fast and Furious? Comments

It seems like a sensible plan. Allow criminals to obtain firearms from gun shops in Arizona and let them smuggle those weapons into Mexico, while being tracked by agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. As the criminals deliver the weapons to the drug cartels, agents can then build cases against the most wanted, violent criminals, and bring them to justice. Continue Reading

1. Don Mogenson

We need more people speaking out on issues such as these,

2. Rob

Agreed Sara. I believe there are many things done by politicians and our government that should be investigated. Sometimes I think that our system of checks and balances is broken because it doesn't seem to work. But then I wonder if the system is ok, it's just the people who are currently in it. Most government investigations and panels blow a lot of hot air, but nothing comes of them. I think the reason why is because almost everyone there has probably been involved of something worthy of an investigation. If they push too hard someone might come looking for them. So they can only take shots at the most egregious things. And notice how the parties never investigate themselves? It's always investigations leveled at the oppossing party. With the focus on Obama, no one really paid much attention to the GOP operative who ended up convicted felons after the fact, but no investigations while they served. And the same will happen with Obama. I think the whole body is corrupt and the investigations have the same effect as prison inmates juding other prison inmates.

3. SaraPalen

Rob, you bring up some good points. I'm afraid you are probably correct that not much will be done. (Gives a person the warm fuzzies about trusting the goverment with anything doesn't it? Can't wait to see what health care take over will bring)
    But in good faith an investigation and disclosure should not be given up on or taken lightly. Just as electing the next boss of the DOJ should not be taken lightly. Elections still matter. Sorry to come down on you as I did, should not have taken your post quite so literally. As for the NRA, not sure what you are talking about there.

4. Rob

Sara there is nothing funny about any of this stuff. But it happens all the time. It's unfortunate that our government put the guns into the hands of felons, in fact it's criminal but we both know the most that will happen is Holder will resign. These guys never go to jail. But it's nothing compared the number of guns that get put into the hands of felons by irresponsible gun owners who do not properly safeguard their weapons. Are their folks working to protect gun rights, sure. But they have digressed into the same partisian bickering that everyone else have digressed to. I've been a member of the NRA for years but this new guy at the helm, he's pretty much done it for me. I can't support an organization that is lead by someone who blatantly lies. He's just one more player trying to divide the people of this country. Instead of appealing to our love of country which I find most avid gun owners have, he's become no different than the right wing shock jocks. He is not the face of someone I want representing me. He is not representative of the majority of gun owners I know.

5. SaraPalen

yeah, real good to gun owners by appointing a DOJ head who does not believe a person should be able to have a loaded weapon in his own home to defend himself (on top of not taking the heat for it like a man that his department screwed up). Oh, wait- that was BEFORE SCOTUS came out with their last couple of decisions. Never goes anywhere because there are those who have been vigilant when it comes to being able to protect themselves. And a supreme court judge who stacked precedent upon precedent in favor of certain vigilant citizens. Yeah, sure those gun shop guys were laughing when they voiced concern about felons getting guns and not being tracked, blown off by the feds -woops. Let's laugh a little more. This guy would probably rather prosecute people armed with nothing more than a rosary who come too close to someone who commits acts of homicide on the unborn to pray for them and those that they kill. Funny stuff, man.

6. james

when you have media like the two of the three major networks not covering this, and two of the cable networks maybe reporting on it once every couple of weeks, then its not going to get the coverage it needs.
    even the supposed newspaper of the US, the New York Times has not covered this

thank goodness for Sharyl Attkisson from CBS News and FoxNews for doing major coverage on this as well as the internet bloggers. whom some saying are becoming the new media of today and tomorrow.

7. Rob

I wonder what mistakes have taken more lives? Fast and Furious or "collateral damage" in 10 years of warfare? I don't think that there is a lack of anger, I think folks have just become used to it. We drop a bomb on a wedding party accidently, woops. We lose some guns, woops. Tech, I think what we'll actually find, is that the only thing the anti second amendment crowd actually accomplishes is increasing gun sales. As an avid gun owner, I know the shop I regularly go to the owner always laughs about these types of things. He recently told me that he was a little puzzed by the president of the NRA who has been complaining about Obama, when he's actually been really good to gun owners. Heck, he even got an F rating from the Brady commission and pushed for gun carrying in national parks. For my part, I hate it when guns become political as they do from time to time, because it just makes my range time more expensive. Never goes anywhere....never.

8. Eddie

I think the reason you are not seeing the public outrage at the level the writer feels is appropriate is because there are and always will be occasional botched federal law enforcement operations that cost lives. Each time it happens the political party out of power tries to use it for political gain so a lot of the public tends to withhold judgement until they get more information. I'm sure a congressional investigation will enlighten the public as to what really happened. I am curious about the logic that this operation led directly to deaths. Surely the writer knows that the Mexican drug cartels have plenty of weapons to use (actually they outgun a lot of Mexican police forces). While I see an indirect connection I don't see how this operation gave the Mexican drug cartels the ability to kill people that they didn't already have.

9. SaraPalen

less to do with politics? it's everthing to do with politics. Techwreck, there are many that agree with you. If people would have read Holder's briefs and actually listened to what Obama said about guns before (senators) he got elected they would have seen that his briefs on "gun control" stink to high heaven. The in the bag media would not press it on him or Obama and this is what we get- American and Mexican citizens "dying on the floor" at the complicity of our government (oh, no comment Mrs. Pelosi-didn't think so-no trumped up outrage on the floor of the House? Not one tear shed for the families of the fallen Americans doing their job? no conviction of conscience on this one?) This is an indication of the danger of allowing only a government to be able to protect its citizens with the right to keep and bear arms, taking away the God-given natural right of a person to defend himself. I posit that politcs of "gun control" will also be at work in the United Nations. As evil exists in this world, in governments and in the hearts of men, yet our ability to defend our lives will be stifled. In the mean time the political whims of the day will control who will get weapons and who will not. There are those who would like to take away the right to keep and bear arms while prosecuting those who peacefully speak out on the defence of innocent human life. Is Eric Holder and his boss in that company? Well, ok, maybe it's not so much about politics as it is about a clash of moral reasoning.

10. John Mainhart

One of the aspects of our moral decline is that we no longer get outraged at sin because we have created so many systems and we blame the system rather than the individuals who are at fault. By doing that we have relieved the individual of persoal responsibility and move the dicussion quickly to the system that caused the problem and then spend all our time improving the system. This way of dealing with violence and other moral ills in our country will continue untill we convince our selves that each soul is responjsible for his own actions. I can't see that happening any time soon because we leave our individual conscience at home when we go to work and we are generally timid when we confront systems because of the power they have. I will pray for God's grace to to touch millions of american souls so they follow their individual conscience and refuse to do things the system tells tham to do when they know the order is morally repugnant..