The 'Gospel' of Tolerance: You Must Approve Comments

The Gospel of Tolerance really only has one rule: thou shalt tolerate any action, belief, lifestyle, agenda, and person except the person who believes a certain lifestyle, action or agenda is wrong and has the gall to say so out loud. The real goal here is not acceptance but submission.  It's not enough to "get along" or tolerate quietly. You must approve.  You don't dare disapprove publicly.  Those who don't tow the line ... Continue Reading

1. Linda Ill

Jennifer: Brilliant! Extremely well-thought out, masterful! You hit a nerve absolutely big-time!

This article ought to be printed on a flyer and put in every Catholic Church bulletin in the U.S. This article should be sent to every newspaper editor, every TV network, every college and university in the country!

I know I'm going to forward this exceptional essay to every person on my e-mail list and to my church and to other Catholic and non-Catholic churches that I can think of.

Thank you, Jennifer! God bless you!

2. Rob

Great article. But you have to wonder how in the world these guys got such a foot hold. I keep coming back to this, but our abject failure to live our faith and the functional atheism that exists in our pews is not providing a light for the world. Because so many who call themselves Christian live virtually in the same manner as the non-believers, when we do try and speak the truth, it comes off as judgemental and "intolerant." I know that society is crumbling down around us and we need to speak against it. But we had better get a lot more serious about evangelizing to those in our own ranks. If we don't clean up our own house first, our impact on the greater society will be neglibilble at best. If we live as the pagans do, it's a little hard to have the credibility to preach against what they are doing.

3. Melissa

I'm with Stacy (and you Jennifer) too.

4. Michael Terheyden

WOW!

5. Dr. John

Jennifer,
    I could not agree with you more. This is the preferred tactic of evil in our society. The non-believers and cynics take the concepts of Christianity, which they do not believe in anyway, and try to turn them against Christians. Unfortunately however, we Christians allow them to do it with impunity all the time. This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and it flourished until we decided to turn our backs on the one that brought us here. Christ was not tolerant of sin. He loved and forgave the sinner but he accepted no excuses. He would settle for nothing less than an apology and a promise to sin no more. Nowhere does He say that we are to tolerate sin. In fact, we sin if we do not attempt to save our brother or sister from sinning. Our moral rectitude becomes our responsibility as true followers of Jesus. I fully support what you are saying and have said it myself many times. If you are a true Christian and a follower of Christ and you come to me and offer a gentle correction or a suggestion then I am willing to entertain it even if I disagree. If however you are a non-believer and want to hold me to a standard that you do not believe in or even understand then you are a hypocrite at the very least and not worth my time. This junk about “judge not unless ye be judged” is simply a restatement of the “Do unto others” theme. As Christians we are to help our brothers and sisters by guiding them when they are in error. It does not apply to someone who is not working with the love of Christ who wants to criticize one who is trying to follow. And if I may add one more point, the non Christian who tells us that our God requires us to forgive and forget and applies guilt to us for not doing so is completely in the dark. God’s job is to forgive and forget. Ours is to forgive and remember so that we do not sin again and that we do not lead another to sin. Thanks for a good article.

6. S. Mack

Bravo! Amen.

7. Anastasia Terreri

I'm only 16, and I don't really know how to form arguments, but this article seems to be the answer to a lot of problems. I think excerpts of it should be carried in the March for Life.

Thank you.

8. Rocco Paolucci, D.Ed.

Thank you for an excellent article. You have identified and perfectly described the most insidious and dangerous social technique used by the secularists/atheists/Marxists/statists in forcing us faithful Christians (and others) to conform to their ideologies (i.e., being called "intolerant"). I would also add to this the use of the labels: "bigot/racist". I, as a Catholic Christan, could care less if someone calls me "intolerant, bigoted, or racist", when standing up for the truth and my faith. I hope all of us who really believe this way will begin to voice and defend our convictions, at every opportunity. "Do not be afraid", said Blessed John Paul II.