The 'Gospel' of Tolerance: You Must Approve Comments

The Gospel of Tolerance really only has one rule: thou shalt tolerate any action, belief, lifestyle, agenda, and person except the person who believes a certain lifestyle, action or agenda is wrong and has the gall to say so out loud. The real goal here is not acceptance but submission.  It's not enough to "get along" or tolerate quietly. You must approve.  You don't dare disapprove publicly.  Those who don't tow the line ... Continue Reading

1. Jorge

Excellent article.

2. GabrielMichael

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

3. JoAnn

VANCE: Good thoughts. Another show that we can boycott (if anyone is watching it) is "Hot in Cleveland." Twice I watched it and both times they said things that were disparaging and critical to Catholics.

4. vance

Jennifer, another great article that hits the proverbial nail on the head. We Catholics can fight back against the Liberal Establishment by running for local school boards, and city councils. We Catholics can fight back effectively if we DO NOT watch programs like Glee, Ellen Degenerate, and any other talk shows or news broadcasts that are blatantly Liberal that are the promoters of Homosexuality. We Catholics can and should do Tea Party type rallies that shows our immediate neighbors how we feel. These are easy and doable solutions.

5. JoAnn

Theresa: This is off topic but I just wanted to thank you for the info regarding the presidential forum on CNN. (I hope I have the right Theresa) I watched it and thought it was very informative. (Except for the constant interruptions of CNN)

6. John D

Great article. It really hit a nerve and that is evident in the negative response it has stirred up. All sin ultimately hurts humans, that's why they're sins. Artificial birth control causes rampant promiscuity, incresaed divorce, increase abortions, and more broken families with children being raised in dysfunctional environments. Homosexuality results in drastically reduced life spans. Information/studies supporting these things are readily available for those who seek them. Now, the government stepping in tho make all of these bad choices seem good and silence the Church is just plain wrong. Pray the Rosary for all those lost souls who simply cannot see what is going on.

7. Patrick Burke

Many thanks....used this as part of my homily this past Sunday,

8. Linda Smith

Thank you Jennifer for this wonderful article and great comments by Sr. Theresa Peter, Dr. John and several others who expressed exectly how I feel about this subject. I work in retail and deal with many homosexual people. I like them as people, but view the lifestyle as a deathstyle. I pray for them everyday. One of them had discussed the Church's view on this with me and I told her that I love her in a purer way and I want her to get to Heaven, but the Church does not condone this "lifestyle".

Worse yet, is the total sexualization of children going on. I hate the kiddie pagents (one of my daughters recently stayed with me for a while and she watched these with her 1 1/2 year old daughter. I told her I thought the program was demeaning to girls and sexualized them--effectively robbing them of their childhood innocense!

I am happy to see so many others DO care about this matter.

God bless all of you.

9. M

"Two men ogling each other at the pool? Two women engaged in public displays of affection in the park?"

It's interesting you chose not to describe these moments in Stacey's own words. She wrote that the men were rubbing elbows "effeminately" and looking at each other with doe eyes, and that one woman touched another's back. There's a very slight chance that with all that's going on in Stacey's tortured brain, she's projecting what she doesn't want to see onto complete strangers. I mean, really. How on EARTH do two people rub elbows effeminately?

10. Kristone Capistrano