The Shrine of Our Lady of Einsiedeln holds miraculous statue Comments

The Shrine of Our Lady of Einsiedeln is located about 20 miles southeast of Zürich, in the town of the same in Switzerland. The shrine is perhaps best known for its miraculous Black Madonna statue. The village itself is also home to the world's largest nativity scene, the Diorama Bethlehem. Continue Reading

1. henry navarro ongchua

deep in my heart I pray God will give my present family (Tessie, Thea and me) the opportunity to visit this beautiful place and touch the black statue of the blessed virgin mary. Sadly I never heard nor had the opportunity to visit this lown when I was in Schaffhausen. Again I pray God to give us this opportunity to visit the church.

2. ADAEZE

SURPRISINGLY, I HAVENT HEARD OF THE BLACK MADONNA BEFORE, I WAS KIND OF SKEPTICAL AT FIRST TILL I OPENED THE PAGE AND I/M SO HAPPY THAT THERE REALLY OS A BLACK MADONNA COS I'M BLACK AND SO PROUD OF MY HERITAGE. I WANT TO SEE THE STATUE FACE TO FACE.

3. Gary A.McGinn Jrmytam

First time but never the last time to see a beautiful Lady in color of Light .

4. vance

Thank you for a great article. This is a remarkable thing. This is something that I would love to visit someday.

5. Aunt Raven

This article did not mention that the Einsiedeln madonna is also "Our Lady of Hermits" and has long been venerated as such by contemplative recluses and solitaries. Nor did it say that there was no treasure in the hermit's cell, for Meinrad lived in evangelical poverty. Supernatural witnesses to St Meinrad's vocation as hermit as well as martyr are the two ravens who were the providential instruments of retribution for his murderers--ravens have since the old testament been the servants of the prophets and saints who pray to God in the wilderness.

6. "G.G." a Pro-Life Catholic American

What a beautiful story! Thank you...I pray that I may have the opportunity to go visit this chapel....It truly touched me....

7. Bernadette

Can we send petitions to \our Lady at this place of pilgrimage?

8. Mary

Each evening the monks march in procession from the main altar down to the Lady Chapel, as they have done for centuries. I believe the older ones at one end and the younger at the other. They fill the tiny chapel and sing the Salve Regina.
    It is one of the most moving sights I've ever seen.
    Einsedeln is a wonderful place to visit with beautiful scenery, super-clean authentically Swiss hotels and delicious cakes! It's easily reached from Zurich by a scenic train ride.

9. Sandra Arispe

10. Carmen R. Villanueva

I was touched by the story. i will spread the word on the existence of thi
    miraculous statue. If I get a chance to be in Zurich I will try to go to