Michele Bachmann Should Not 'Get a Pass' on Past Membership in Anti-Catholic Church Comments

During the last election, a question was raised about then candidate Barack Obama concerning his membership in a Church body which espoused Anti-Americanism. Will some of those same people ask this candidate, whom they seem to agree with on issues, about her affiliation with a Church body which espoused overt Anti-Catholicism? Continue Reading

1. John D

JoAnn, you are a breath of freash air. God bless you!!

2. JoAnn

BillSr. I'm glad you brought the fact that Obama will let an infant die if it survives the abortion procedure to Kathryn. I was thinking about that but my posts were pretty long to begin with, But NO ONE gets "a pass" on the intrinsically evil act of abortion as far as I'm concerned. ESPECIALLY CATHOLICS!! Any Catholic or Christian for that matter is NO Catholic or Christion if they vote for anyone who is pro-abortion. And that includes states and districts. You vote for them in lower offices and they usually end up in Washington one day. So cleaning house starts in your own back yard. Thanks for your post. God Bless.

3. JoAnn

Rob: You are not the only person that sees it. We need to get a majority of pro-life people in office, especially a pro-life president as Bush was. There is a lot of lip service in Washington regarding abortion but no one can really do anything without the numbers. When Bush had a majority, he got a lot done restricting abortion. Unfortunately, he was not in office long enough to get another pro-life judge on the Supreme Court. The SPC is the reason Roe v Wade passed in the first place. Activist progressive judges bestowed that abomination on this country. But you know that. The problem with the SPC is that the justices are there for life and if you get the wrong people to sit on that bench, it lasts almost a generation. Long enough to bring down a nation. We cannot allow another progressive on that court. That's why Obama MUST not get another term. I just hope he doesn't have to appoint another judge before 2012. 54% of Catholics help put that communist and his co-horts in Washington and they will one day reap what they sowed. We need to clean house in Washington and get this country back on the right track and overturning Roe v Wade is a must. WE THE PEOPLE have to MAKE them do it. After all, we are still supposed to be their bosses, right? We don't have a Founding Fathers Constitutional government anymore, we have a tyranny and it is UNACCEPTABLE.

4. Rob

Bill, I don't disagree with you on Obama's record and administration. But in my opinion those legislators that have allowed abortion to persist when they could have done something are just as culpable. If that isn't a sin of ommission I don't know what is. We the voters clearly cannot vote for someone who is pro-abortion, but that seems to be lost on a majority of the pro-life politicians when they get to DC. You don't see the bills, floor debates etc. Pro-life issues quickly fade to the back when they have to work on the economy or a war etc. For my part I am paying attention to their records on abortion. But I also have no illusions that the folks in DC aren't really that interested in doing anything about it. Almost 40 years since Roe v Wade and there really hasn't been a serious fight. I keep hearing about an incremental approach to this issue, well that does no good for the babies who are being killed while we give pro-life politicians a pass on not making this their number one policy issue. I cannot be the only person who sees this.

5. Bill Sr.

Kathryn,
    We can give you a pass on the "abortion issue" which you and many Catholics seem to believe is less important that political rhetoric.
    But are you aware that Barack Obama is absolutely THE most pro-abortion president with THE most pro-abortion administration ever to be in power in Washington AND he THREE TIMES while a senator stood fast in his belief that an aborted child alive and breathing surviving the procedure is NOT entitled to medical attention in order to continue its life? This is not fiction, a lie, it's a fact. If that fact doesn't make you shutter or bring pause to consider him as a world leader much less your president then I invite all readers here to pray for your soul.

6. JoAnn

Rob: It's me again. I know abortion is the law but it doesn't make it right. God's laws come before man's laws. If we are not on our knees everyday asking God to forgive us and return to Him, I hate to think of what He will do. Remember Sodom and Gomorrah. I already believe He has decided that since we are showing Him we don't need Him, He has said to us "Have at it." Look at all the hate in the world. People can't even talk to each other civily. There is so much evil out there. Satan is working very hard. I worry not so much for myself (remember I'm an old lady) but I fear for my children and grandchildren. I don't want them living in a world where they can't even read the Bible or pray in public The first amendment was to protect religion from the government, not the other way around. And contrary to what some think, there is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. We have been fed that lie so much that people believe it. If you say or hear a lie often enough, it will begin to sound like the truth.

7. JoAnn

Rob: People are fighting Roe v Wade all the time. It is our fault that the people we elect don't bother with it because we are electing people (as you say) that are corrupt & don't care about anything but their job. I'm not saying other issues aren't important, they are. But #1 is life. If there was no life, then everything else is meaningless. As far as McCain goes, he is pro-life. His voting history shows it. I voted for him only because he was the lesser of the two evils. I didn't vote for him in the primary. I wanted someone else. It's just that we have to clean out the swamp and get some God-fearing people in office. If we had been doing that all along, I believe we wouldn't even be in this mess. There are a lot of pro-life people in Washington, but unfortunately, not enough. Bush appointed two SPC judges that were conservative in hopes of eventually overturning Roe v Wade. He signed a ban on the heinous partial-birth abortion act (which Obama overturned almost as soon as he got in office) and wouldn't let them have any more embryonic stem cells. It was a start. But Obama gets in and appoints two Socialists. Of course, it didn't change the balance of the court but we need at least one more God-fearing person who interprets the Constitution the way the Founding Fathers meant it. One of the first things the two new judges did was try to take away our gun rights after saying in their confirmation hearings that owning a gun was the law of the land. If you watched the confirmation hearings on Roberts and Alito then you know they would have never been confirmed if the "progressives" had a majority on the Judiciary Committee. Well, soon another appointment will probably have to be made and I hope it's not Obama that does the appointing or you mights as well hang America out to dry. I fully support the TEA Party and we finally have some people in office that are ready to try and turn this country around. I hope they stick to their guns and don't lose their souls like it seems everyone does once they are in office. Time will tell on that. We need to pray that God will not turn His back on us. Truthfully, I don't know why He shouldn't, we already have turned our backs on Him.

8. JoAnn

Kathryn: I have voted since I was of age to vote. I'm 71 and have been through quite a few elections. So I believe I'm well educated regarding politics. But I'm not an American Catholic, I'm a Catholic American. I am my Faith, not my politics. People voting the way you do is precisely the reason the moral code of this country is in the toilet. And if we continue to put corrupt, selfish and power hungry people in office who do not care about anyone but themselves, the toilet will be flushed in 2012. You don't vote for a person, you vote for issues. And if life is not the most important issue, I don't know what is. You would be described as a "CINO" (Catholic in name only) If you don't want to practice the teachings of the Church, that's your business. But don't call yourself a Catholic. I'm not perfect either, none of us are but I do try to live by Jesus' word. You don't have a beef with me, you have one with God. I'm just the messenger. I just wanted to let you know that we all need to vote an educated conscience (by that the Church means an education about our Faith.) I'm not trying to sound mean or a know-it-all. It's just that I've got a soul to save too (mine) and I just wanted to inform you and any other Catholic on this thread about what the way Catholics should vote. I will continue to pray that the Holy Spirit will enlighten you. "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." Benjamin Franklin God bless.

9. Kathryn

Reply to Joann: I am Catholic and I am a patriotic American. If I believe that President Obama is the best candidate for office because of his total package of statements and actions since taking office, then my conscious says to vote for him in 2012. Basing your vote on one issue (abortion) and nothing else, tells me that you need to broaden your understanding of history and politics. By next year, if Michele Bachmann demonstrates that she has superior stances on economy and American defense, then I might consider her as a viable candidate. Once again, I am not voting for best Christian, but for someone who can defend American and aid our citizens.

10. JeanCatherine

Write your Representatives. Let them know where you stand in a educated way about your religious beliefs.

Tell them we want our Religious beliefs respected and our laity and clergy respected in regard to their beliefs.

Dont think they arent watching they have to read everything you write them.

Make sure its peacefully done and not bad language.