EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mom of pop sensation Justin Bieber asks for your prayers Comments

In an exclusive interview for Catholic Online, the mother of pop music superstar Justin Bieber, Pattie Mallette, is asking for his fans to pray for his protection against the seamier side of the entertainment industry. "My prayer is for Justin to be protected against the temptations of this industry," Mallette says. Continue Reading

1. Theresa

Justin's mom seems rightfully concerned that her son not be swallowed up in the entertainment industry. It is said that Jesus Christ remains central to both her and her son's life. Meanwhile, we are told that Mallette was baptized and raised a Catholic, and Justin attended a Catholic school, but currently, she does not practice her Catholic Christian faith but identifies as a "non-denominational Christian." It would seem that if Jesus Christ is central in her life she (and her son) would return to the Catholic Church and the reception of the Sacraments. Let us pray for Justin and his mom and for one another to be faithful to Christ and His Church!

2. @heydamo

To all of you who are urging Justin Bieber to leave the entertainment industry altogether, are you fearful that he might get swallowed up, or, that he might actually succeed in saving a few souls? And before you scoff at the 'saving a few souls' comment, realize that is EXACTLY what our Roman Catholic faith urges us to do - to be the salt of the earth and LIGHT of the world. Bieber, especially in his most recent anti-abortion comments, is refusing to put a blind on his lampstand. And good on him. And God bless him.

3. Antony

i think im beinging to like Beiber.. i thought he would be just another hit who will likely assist corrupt my younger nephews and nieces, but so far he is assisting in Gods love and message (from what i see and hear)
    God Bless and guide you young souls :)

4. bverly

A very touching article!a simple prayer from a mother to his loving son:)we will pray for you and justin to be the light to everyone around and to always give back the glory to God...God Bless

5. Brian

My prayers are that she wisens up, comes back to the Faith so that her son may as well, and that he goes back to highschool so that he can earn a living by doing actual hard work like the rest of us. She is right that industry is the child of the devil, and if truly wants him to be safe from its temptations she will yank him out it now and help him to lead a normal life.

6. LogicalCalculs

Nearly all pop music comes from wicked spirits. So, no, Mrs., your son must come out of the music business altogether and get a real job

7. Kwesi Nkrumah

I asked humbly for prayers to overcome 21years of no progress. I have no success to celebrate just because I have not overcome the enemy's spiritual attack.
    My request is your consistent prayers so that the enemy will flee. IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME I PRAY. AMEEN.

8. ichthusthree

I pray that Justin will be encouraged to read the article about St Justin martyr here on Catholic Online and learn about this "patron saint" to see what it takes to stand up for righteousness out in the world. Justin Bieber may not come up against physical martyrdom these days, but the pressure for idol worship is definitely in the "entertainment" industry. May God watch over him and his music to always be clean and uplifting and give glory to God.

9. andrew

Ms Mallette, in appreciation for 'His mercy and His grace', get Justin to sing praises of God. Anyways, I will pray that such gifts that come from God alone, once they have been shared on Earth, are returned to Him in the sight of many.

10. Annabeth

Justin is a wonderful young man and you should be proud. I know that sometimes the fame can take over our lives and you (Ms. Mallet) should just remind him to be strong and firm in what he believes in. I will keep both you and Justin in my prayers and I am looking forward to seeing Never Say Never. You and your son have both come a long way through the grace of God. Just remember that you are nothing without him. He will always be there for both you and your son and you should always look to him for guidance. I am a fan of Justin and support him in his career.