Arrest of Abortionist Kermit Gosnell Reveals House of Horrors Built by Roe Comments

There are times when the truth concerning what actually happens in every procured abortion becomes obvious and the Nation is shaken out of its complacency. Perhaps the House of Horrors found in Philadelphia will be one of those moments.  What was hidden is now being revealed. The truth is what "Doctor" Gosnell did is no different than what is done in every procured abortion. The only difference is that it is hidden from view. Continue Reading

1. S.

So, James Miller, "human intelligence" is what makes us human? How intelligent must one be to be human, then? Do you propose certain minimum IQ scores? Is yours sufficiently high to make such recommendations? I know of people with genius-level IQs who don't feel qualified to propose such a thing. Do you?

And if aborting a healthy child at eight months gestation is murder, are you implying that children with mental retardation don't deserve such consideration?

2. Graeme

To those who accuse the Catholic Church of a lack of compassion, it would be good to read Pope John Paul II’s encyclical “Evangelium Vitae” http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_25031995_evangelium-vitae_en.html . Paragraph 59 states: “Sometimes the woman is subjected to such strong pressure that she feels psychologically forced to have an abortion: certainly in this case moral responsibility lies particularly with those who have directly or indirectly obliged her to have an abortion.” He goes on to enumerate a few of those responsible: “…legislators who have promoted and approved abortion laws … administrators of the health-care centers where abortions are performed … those who have encouraged the spread of an attitude of sexual permissiveness and a lack of esteem for motherhood, and with those who should have ensured-but did not-effective family and social policies in support of families … international institutions, foundations and associations which systematically campaign for the legalization and spread of abortion …”
    (For active compassion for post-abortive women and to hear their testimonies, go to “Silent No More” at http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/index.aspx )
    The Pope further warned, “We are facing what can be called a "structure of sin" which opposes human life not yet born.” But who erected this structure? The very good film “Maafa 21” http://www.maafa21.com/ details how abortion was largely brought about to realize the plans of eugenicists and racists. Clips can be seen on You Tube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxLSX2ool3s for part 6/15 detailing how black communities were targeted for population control.
    But this issue is not ultimately about black or white; it’s about pure power and possession for the traditionally rich, and it’s about enslavement and dispossession for the traditionally poor and working classes. This is nothing new, as Exodus 1:9-11, 15-16, 22 shows: http://www.drbo.org/chapter/02001.htm
    To solve the problem, anger or condemnation will do no good, but will rather entrench evil-doers in their positions. Our Lady at Fatima asked: "Pray, pray a great deal and make many sacrifices for many souls go to Hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and to pray for them.” and "When you say the Rosary, say after each mystery: O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need.”

3. Joseph

Yes Common Sense, obviously you are still one of the blind. I don't want to put you down but Jesus also said this while on earth praising the Father in prayer .

"Just at this time, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to little children. Yes, Father, for that is what it has pleased you to do"

I pray daily for common sense

4. James Miller

Just because you state that a fertilized egg is a human life does not make it so. I know that it might make you uncomfortable, but the world is not only black and white. Yes, this is a terrifying assertion, but it is the truth. If a zygote is a human life, why not a sperm and egg? Furthermore, if we split each four cell embryo into 4 cells, we would get four embryos. By not doing this, are we not killing three humans? If not, is it OK to split off a single cell and kill it? Have we then killed a human life? People need to wake up and realize that what makes human life so sacrosanct is not the presence of 46 human chromosomes, but is instead the existence of human intelligence. When god made us in his image, did he mean that he gave us the same DNA? Of course not, he meant that he gave us the ability to think. Zygotes do not have the ability to think.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that the imprecise nature of human essence cuts both ways. A 1-cell zygote is not a human, but termination of a healthy 8-month fetus is clearly infanticide ie murder.

5. eithena

;weep not for me but for yourselves; JESUS said to the women on the way to the cross

6. JeanCatherine

Alistair

Priests for Life can fill you in on the contraceptive mentality which spawned abortion and also you can research Natural Family Planning which is much better than it used to be which we Catholics are instructed to be taught and informed on the subject.

7. JeanCatherine

With all due respect to everyone's rights and opinions I recommend that people take a look at the testimony of the actual "Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade and then for those of you are Pro-Choice I would recommend you think truly hard and research the subject which I did during my ignorance of life. Yes, I too was so called Pro-Choice until I did the Research.

You can find Norma McKorvey who was Jane Roe on the web. She has since in the ensuing years recanted about this fateful court case. She even begged the Supreme Court to overturn it.

You also may educate yourselves on Priests for Life, Rachel's Vineyard and Silent No More just to name a few places which is very intricate and knowledgeable.

We have a long way to go for liberation of life in the womb.

God Bless to everyone here even the dissenters. I wish you well in your research on the subject. Will be praying you come over to our side someday. One can always hope in the Lord.

8. S.

Common Sense:

God forgive my "hypocrisy"? People like "Dr" (quotes intended) Gosnell are not rare. There are more Dr. Gosnells, and because of NARAL and others who fight any regulation of abortion tooth and nail, they're seldom prosecuted. There is one in California who killed at least one woman I know of by allowing her to bleed to death in his clinic parking lot, and who fought his criminal prosecution? NARAL, CARAL and NOW. The saint of abortionists, the late Dr. Tiller, killed a young woman undergoing an abortion as well. She had Down syndrome, so maybe the good doctor, so used to aborting children with this condition, thought he'd go for a two-fer in that case. Again, he was never prosecuted.

As far as "hypocrisy", there's plenty to go around. Open your eyes to the reality of abortion, and at least stop fighting efforts to make clinics up to standards and doctors accountable.

9. Kim

These woman are just as guilty as this doctor I am a woman and by the time I was 5 months pregnant with all my children I felt their kicks I heard their heartbeats I saw them already doing HUMAN things inside my womb these babies are ALIVE and functioning by 5 months if you havent gotton an abortion the second you found out then you are murdering an innocent life PERIOD. I belive that after you are 10 weeks its too late I cant imagine a woman having a baby inside her womb kicking moving BREATHING at 6, 7 , 8 months and deciding to kill it at that point they are just as quilty of that life inside of them. I dont care if they were poor or not if it was planned or not I dont care what the situation is after 10 weeks is disgusting to me. I hope this man burns in hell and is haunted by all those innocent babies he killed how very very sad. There are soooooo many options for woman poor or rich to protect themselves becuase your poor is NO EXCUSE when a condom costs 1.00+ or the state social services give them out for FREE and if an accident unplanned happens get it done PRONTO waiting until you are 6, 7 and 8 months is MURDER hands down oh yeah and also ILLEGAL so these woman should be brought up an charges as well isnt that a CRIME. This turns my stomach and should make anyone on any side of this SICK I pray for all these babies how ever many he has killed that they are in a better place without the PAIN they endured by the hands of this MONSTER and their mothers. And people want to know why the world is so evil and disfunctional this man has been allowed to do the devils work and these woman who went to see him gave him the opportunity. Come on when is the inncoent of the children going to be protected kids are killed, raped, sold, beaten, all around abused everyday and the sad part is most times by the hands of their own PROTECTORS mothers, fathers, family members abusing children then all the sickos that kidnap and abuse the rest I dont understand how a person can do such harm to an innocent child and live with themselves I wish I had super powers to find these sickos and take them off this earth for good screw the JUSTICE system - our system if clearly broken.

10. Beth

Lee - I think *you* are the one dealing in subjectivity. The truth is that the moment of conception is the only OBJECTIVE starting point of human life. Any other definition requires a subjective quantification of the zygote/embryo/fetus's abilities and/or value. This "doctor's" actions are admittedly a violation of the law, but it is the mentality of abortion being called into question here.