John Paul II to be beatified by Pope Benedict XVI on the Feast of Divine Mercy Comments

The sentiment of the faithful "Santo Subito" echoed as the Church discerned the cause of his canonization. Now, he will be raised to the Altar on the Feast of Divine Mercy and the faithful will call him "Blessed John Paul II." We will soon affirm what miracles effected by his intercession confirm, John Paul II is a Saint.  Continue Reading

1. paul kiplangat chepkwony.

what a wonderful day God is great amen.

2. Mary King

Thanks be to God that I am finally hearing about Pope John Paul II will be Beatified on May 1st. I was wondering why this date but now I understand. Pope John Paul was a Holy pope and I followed his pontificate and when he died waiting to here the word that he had been beatified which has finally come. I will continue to say the prayer for his beatification daily for the next step for his canonization sainthood. He visited St. John's Nfld. Canada. When I attended the open air Mass when he was driving around the stalls my love for him was in my heart and soul. I started to cry because I couldn't understand why anyone would want to assinate himj, I could fill God dwelling in him and in me to. Thank you for beatifying him now and bringing him to the altars of God. Mary King

3. Tom Gonzalez

When I was a teen I prayed /asked God to show me what a community of christian love with people from all over the world (every race & tongue) would be like. Deep down I believed that it was impossible; our hatred & selfishness was too great to accomplish such a task. Then I was invited on a trip to the world youth day in Poland. My heart was deeply moved, for I partook in what was truly an answer to my prayer. God (through JPII) helped me see that truly all is possible for a person who is open & willing to live by doing God's will. "Be Not Afraid!"

I eventually met JPII in the early 90's and I can recall (as I held his hand while he was walking) the deep stare he gave into my eyes. I felt as if he was reading my soul! That stare still bothers me to this day. I pray (whenever I think about that experience) that what he saw was the deep love for Christ in my heart!

I have no doubts that he is a saint, but I hope that the controversies around his papacy (not doing anything with the pedophiles, etc...) are quickly responded to!

4. Nick Marie

I am a seminarian discerning the Priesthood for the first year. I have to say that the example of John Paul II really had a profound impact on my life. I only came to fully know the significance of his papacy after he died. He improved relations with other religions, especially Judaism. He was instrumental in the fall of Communism. When even the United States said it was a hopeless situation, he kept pushing and eventually communism fell in Poland and had a domino effect all the way back to Russia. And, he had one more accomplishment that even he was probably not aware of. John Paul's papacy was dedicated to apologizing for the crimes done by Catholics over the years. From the Crusades to the conquering of the Aztecs and the Mayans, John Paul II apologized for every crime Catholics have ever done. No other civilization, nation, or race of people has ever made redress for all their crimes. That is a status we share alone, and it's all thanks to John Paul II. I know his impact on my life is one of the reasons I'm here in the seminary, and I know for a fact that he will one day be "Pope St. John Paul the Great."

5. margaret

prase god,, im very glade this is going to happen. god bless the catholic church.

6. Mona

Alleluia! Beautiful article about our beloved Pope John Paul II. I'll be counting the days until he is raised to the Altar on the Feast of the Divine Mercy!!!! Amen

7. tom brunick

Blessed John Paul II, soon to be the Patron Saint of those who suffer from Parkinsons. What a wonderful role model of a Christian servant, for all of us to model.

Peace,
    tom brunick

8. Louise

Alleluia!

9. Mathew

Lovely article, please take time to read about this legend of a Pope.