John Paul II to be beatified by Pope Benedict XVI on the Feast of Divine Mercy Comments

The sentiment of the faithful "Santo Subito" echoed as the Church discerned the cause of his canonization. Now, he will be raised to the Altar on the Feast of Divine Mercy and the faithful will call him "Blessed John Paul II." We will soon affirm what miracles effected by his intercession confirm, John Paul II is a Saint.  Continue Reading

1. Severine Fernandes

Wonderful article.. Pope John Paul II was a living saint and he is a saint after death too. I have experienced miracles in my life. please publish this article as much as possible.. let the world know that Pope John Paul II is a Saint and let every person receive his blessings!!

2. Aida

Pope John Paul II was an amazing human being and truly embodied what it means to be a follower of Christ. He was loved throughout the world by Christians and non-Christians alike. What a beautiful human being and a model of all of us to follow.

3. TimP

I'm still remembered vividly the visit of pope JPII to the Netherlands in Spring 1985. I had just finished my high school year and was a "catholic" but didn't have any clue what it was. The church services had no soul. Only old people went there on Sunday and from the 600 seats only about 40-50 churchgoers attended. I have witnessed and lived in the culture of death where materialism, selfishness and immorality were praised by the radio, newspaper and MTV. So no wonder when he visited the Netherlands it was the most humiliating experience this country could give him, the media asked for same sex marriage, celibacy abandoning, promoting condom etc. By this controversy and curious about this pope I started reading his first released book in the mainstream media: "Over the threshold of Hope". This was the time turning point in my life. I love JPII since then and he has always been a saint and my beloved angel, father, brother and most of all a teacher who has brought me daily since then to the Holy Spirit, Jesus, Mary and God and to the Church. God, I thank you for giving JPII to my life!!

4. John Zwicker

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

Saint Pope John Paul II, pray for us!

We await, with joyful anticipation, May 1.

The reader may be interested to know that May first is also, importantly, the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker and the first day of the month of Mary, dedicated to the Most Holy and Blessed Virgin Herself.

Significantly though, May first, this year, falls on a Sunday and this Sunday in particular is The Great Feast of Divine Mercy, the Feast that follows the Novena of Divine Mercy (nine days of prayer preceding the Feast).

This is a devotion that was very close to Pope John Paul's heart and to the faithful throughout the whole world. It is a message of particular and immense importance for our time.

The reader would do well to research this devotion.

5. Precilla D'souza

what we see, praise and appreciate in Pope John Paul II was not what he became after his coronation as Pope. Rather what he always was as Karol, Lord God brought to light for our sake. His life story is a challenge and a hope to every person. He is a true leader. He will be called Blessed, and we must follow. Our true love for him will be made known if we love the One He loved, if we become what he strive to be in and through the Grace of God. Every age needs a saint the Lord knows our human need. we are blessed to have (Blessed) Mother Theresa and now Pope John Paul II. It is up to every Christian to respond to this call to be the next. Call to love the Ultimate Love thereby becoming the shadow of His Light to the nations.

6. chika ohanekwu

Thank God and blessed virgin Mary that one of the greatest catholics of our time is to be beatified a blessed i also thank God and The blessed Virgin mary for the people like him and Blessed Cyprian Iwene Tansi for making our generation count among the blessed generation..... Don't forget so fast that through the inspiration of God he also introduced the Luminous mystery (i.e the Mystery of Light) to the Prayer of the Holy Rosary..... Glory to Jesus... Honour to our mother Mary

7. tina

Deep within me I know that Pope John Paul II is a saint, and I pray to him everyday.
    He is a great example of holiness. I am very happy that my son was named after him.

We thank God and we all look with excitement to this blessed event!

8. Peter Madu

I heard about his death on Sunday (i.e Nigerian Mothers' Sunday). Our mothers were cring that day at the Church. But I thank God for his beatification on 1st May 2011

9. Donna

He did so much for helping our youth. He loved them. So many vocations have come from him because of his love for the youth.

10. margaret

all i can say is god bless the mother church. this man is a saint in all of our hearts.