Two Episcopal Lesbian Leaders 'Marry' in Boston Cathedral Comments

The lesbian service "united" Episcopal Divinity School dean and president, the Very Reverend Katherine Hancock Ragsdale and Mally Lloyd, Canon to the Ordinary. It was the first lesbian marriage solemnized by Thomas Shaw SSJE, Bishop Diocesan of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts. Continue Reading

1. JeanCatherine

JCF

What is your point? It says that homosexual acts shouldnt be performed by anyone who follows Christ.

By the way JCF the Protestant churches came from the Catholic Church now you have a watered down version of Christ and that is not good for today.

So your saying the other churches practice a different Christ which is the anthithesis of what He taught in the first place?

I read Acts, chances are we will suffer from this to begin with and definitely it will tell in good time if this is from man or God but we have a right to state our case even though it isnt in our church we still have a right to voice what Christ taught on the subject. Your right we must suffer for the Kingdom today as they did yesterday and will tomorrow, but let tomorrow take care of itself. We will worry about today.

Holy Father has adopted I think this wisdom. He is watching this as are the Bishops I think.

2. JCF

Hey, RCs! This isn't IN your church, so why not just adopt the "Wisdom of Gamaliel" here? (Acts 5:38-39)

3. The Moz

More confirmation if it was still needed that the liberal churches are dissolving away into nothingness. How many of those 400 supporters attend regular church services? I bet most would consider it an affront to their dignity to draw any conclusions about their level of commitment to their church based on how often they attend mass. These are. not incidentally, the same people who believe that Jesus was just a really nice guy, that God is whatever you want him to be and that feeling good is the same as being good. These words sum up the matter nicely: "Do not, I beseech you, be troubled about the increase of forces alread in dissolution. You have mistaken the hour of the night: it is already morning".

4. DLL

I can remember when it was special as I, when as a young adult,went to St Paul's Cathedral Episcopal Church in Boston,with my Father,Mother and Sister. The Very Reverned Charles Buck was the Dean of St.Paul's then. On WCRB in Boston at that time the services were broadcast every Sunday at 11AM. We were inspired to go from time to time to Boston to the services because the radio worship service was that good. The services were so good and the worship very Holy and the Dean was such a wonderful Minister,who gave such thought provoking Christian sermons that were so illuminating,they were printed so one could take a copy home with them. He taught practical Christian ethic. I was Protestant then,actually a Congregationalist. The Episcopal Church was as close to a Catholic type service as I ever attended when I was young, as it was ornate like a Catholic type Church with a Bishop,Dean and designations like that,even the Nicean Creed was said. The Music was beautiful. I would like to hear what Dean Buck would say about same sex marriage these
    days. I doubt that he would approve. The Church was as Orthodox as the Catholic Church. The Protestant Churches these days want to have popular and modified doctrines that won't offend any particular group,so they can be a popular religious experience that is culturally appealing for everyone. I am glad that I became a Catholic 10 years ago and I believe that Dean Buck would say to me that I made a very wise decision to become Catholic as Orthodox Christian teaching is fundamental Christianity. Fundamental Christianity never doubts that marriage is between a man and a woman,as procreation and the raising of strong Christian families,is essential profession and confession of strong vocation,that makes the the Christian faith a valuable family resource. As Pope John Paul 2 said"As the family goes,so goes the nation,and so goes the whole world in which we live." There is no doubt that Dean Buck would have wholeheartedly agreed with this statement of John Paul 2.

5. Mary42

Tell me good people, which Bible do these Episcopalians read? Because in the One Holy Bible we all read, homosexuality, lesbianism, sex with animals and all those other sexual abominations are cursed both in the Old and New Testament. Certainly no true Christian, of whatever Denomination, would call these intrinsically evil and abnormal relations as pleasing to God, let alone giving them a label of "Marriage". Surely, Sodom and Gommorah's destruction is not a fairly tale because the Bible is the Word of God.

6. Alexandra

Im former-Anglican who was recieved into full communion 4 days ago (Deo gratias!). This story confirms my belief that the Episcopal/Anglican Church is heading the opposite way of orthodoxy and sound practice. The Catholic Church has, is, and will ever be the Church of which the gates of hell will never prevail.

7. Christian

"Bishop" Shaw, I don't think that when two people delve deeper into sin that they go deeper into the heart of God through each other. From my reading of scripture it seems pretty clear that engaging in homosexual activity is a grave sin. The fact that you condone such behavior does not make it any less a sin. Who do you think you are? Do you think you can change God's mind on this? What do you make of Jesus' death on the cross? Why do you think he was crucified and died? He died because of sin. And He did not die to confirm us in our sins but to free us from our slavery to them. So when you, who claim to be a christian, (I suppose) say it is okay to engage in homosexual behavior, you are in fact saying to Christ: "thanks but no thanks! Keep your sacrifice to youself. We prefer to remain slaves to our disordered passions and we'll find God in our own way apart from what you offer!"
    Good luck! You'll never get a better offer than what Christ has wrought for us on the cross. If you were Catholic I would tell you to repent and get yourself into the confessional and receive the forgiveness that Christ offers through the Church He founded upon Peter. Since you are not Catholic and since you "follow" Christ your own way I guess you'll be likely to continue stumbling along in the darkness encouraging others of like mind to do the same. Blind Guides! Blind Fools! Repent while Mercy is still within your reach. Eternity is forever. Choose wisely.

8. vance

No Longer Surprised, "Liberal Creep" Youi hit the nail on the head.

9. Jake

Its sad how they mock marriage and devalue human life. Its difficult to find truth and love in that.

10. Tom

We should pray that the Lord protects our children from these false preachers. While they may do good in some circles, their misguided theology governed by emotions rather than scripture is a very serious threat.