Catholics for Equality? Homosexual Equivalency Activists Foment Dissent Comments

Efforts to call homosexual acts morally acceptable and then force society to call relationships which are not capable of being marriages to be marriages is particularly egregious when engaged in by Catholics. Do not be deceived by "Catholics for Equality". Thomas Peters is correct, "Catholics for Equality has decided to take their fight against the Church into the very heart of our sacred worship spaces."  Continue Reading

1. Luis

JMJ

Thanks for the very informative article.

The whole homosexual problem can be summed by the following:

Homosexuals and homosexuality are sterile;

their practices shorten their life span by 1/3;

the genitals are complementary;

and all of that produces the contriving and forcing that homosexuals and homosexualists have to engage in so that they can get people's attention.

But they will not win; WE WILL WIN, because we have Resources they cannot imagine.

2. Jennifer

Davide, your faith and conviction are truly inspiring. Thank you for your courageous witness. I pray the grace of God will continue to strengthen you and give light and joy to your heart as you remain faithful to the truth. God bless you richly, dear brother.

3. John

These people aren't Catholics - by definition, they're Protestants.

4. julie d

What our culture of relativism does not seem to understand is this fact: that sex is not a "right" and the Catechism of the Catholic Church states that ANY sex outside of the marriage union is a sin. This is not some vendetta against homosexuals....there are MANY of us living in situations where "sexual fulfillment" just does not exist because we wish to remain faithful to God. If my husband is disabled and unable to give me "fulfillment", does that give me a right to find it elsewhere, through masturbation, adultery, etc.? This is not just about homosexuality, this is about remaining spirtually and sexually chaste in order to follow God's will for our lives. I commend all of you that have chosen to follow the teachings of the Church, and our society must one day understand that sex is not something everyone is "entitled" to, but is a gift from God for the purpose of transmitting life and sharing in His awesome creative power of creation.
    May the Lord bless you all.

5. Mike M.

And thank you Deacon, for bringing this group to my attention.

6. Mike M.

The group states pretty clearly that its aim is to not to change Church teaching, but to stop the Church from pushing a political agenda, e.g., banning same sex marriage outside the Church. I believe the Church should not impede the free exercise of conscience of those outside.

7. D

God bless you Davide, Your faith is beautiful and will be your salvation. I love you. I love all of you.. God Bless.

8. ninek

When people put their sexuality ahead of the Church, they are putting sexuality ahead of God. Jesus would not support this, I don't think. How is obsessing over homosexuality going to make one a better christian? It doesn't. What if it were obsessing over heterosexuality; what if a bunch of people who believed in open marriage started a big group and declared that if anyone spoke out against adultery, they'd text it to their cronies? I love my gay friends and want the best for them, but if you don't want to be Catholic, then don't. Don't try to bully the church.

9. David K.

I have a question. If you go to their website you will see the 'board members' each telling a story about themselves. They freely tell us what parish they belong to. As if they are tempting the bishops. Why have these so called Catholics not been excommunicated for heresy? We all know they are heretics. Or have their bishops excommunicated them? Also why aren't other Catholics sites talking about this? Is everyone living in fear? We have nothing to fear. Are the bishops afraid of this group?Does anyone know they answers to my questions does the good Deacon Keith respond to comments. I think John and David are brave people my brother is also gay and he too lives the life of a celibate.

10. MarcyC48

I like Father Corapi's response to the gay man. He said ,"You and I are alot alike." Tne man said adamantly "Oh no,un unh". Father replied , "Oh yes we are. We are both called to be celibate; me because of my vow and you because of what you say you are. Yep we're alike alright!"