Catholics for Equality? Homosexual Equivalency Activists Foment Dissent Comments

Efforts to call homosexual acts morally acceptable and then force society to call relationships which are not capable of being marriages to be marriages is particularly egregious when engaged in by Catholics. Do not be deceived by "Catholics for Equality". Thomas Peters is correct, "Catholics for Equality has decided to take their fight against the Church into the very heart of our sacred worship spaces."  Continue Reading

1. Kelvin

Just plain wrong.....as catholics these is surely going to be a test of faith.

2. JeanCatherine

Tony

God Bless and if you get the chance dont be afraid as Christ said. Secondly find yourself a good priest over at Courage Apostolate Website and get in touch with one there who is close to your home and ask them for guidance.

Or better yet find a good priest in your area and have a nice, quiet, confidential chat with him. Make sure he is a good priest.

I would though go over first to the Courage Apostolate first they maybe able to find you a good priest to counsel you in your area.

God Bless to you my friend and welcome brother.

3. Robert Hagedorn

Do a search: The First Scandal.

4. Earnest Bunbury

A celibate gay man who believes the Church is welcomed and is esteemed as one who is accepting God's Grace to rise in the virtues. It is when someone openly denies this wisdom offered from the Church's Magisterium, such as this group "'Catholics' for Equality", that the true faith must be publicly confessed. Our judgments, tried and true, are reserved for those who refuse the Church's inherent wisdom and persist in falsehood and evil.

5. True Catholic

(((((((Tony)))))))) and (((((((((((Davide)))))))))) true Catholics accept you into the Church. Tony please join Catholicism, you'll be glad you did. Davide, I hope Christ lightens your burden.

6. Tony

I am a homosexual 29 year old man. I have been celibate for over two years. I am receiving a strong calling to the Catholic faith. I am terrified of being persecuted and judged by the Church. What should I do?

7. Anne

To JOSEPH PALICIOUS - - - - - Since you are on Staff at Georgetown - a Jesuit, Catholic University - are you going to make certain that the Catholic teachings from the Magesterium of the Church, - "Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition" first printed in the US in March 2000 (dark green cover; not the older version with translation mistakes) are publically read VERBATIM? - #2357-2359, including the definition of heresy #2089? As you know ALL Catholics are REQUIRED to adhere to the "CCC 2nd Ed". In addition, it would probably be helpful if you went to the Vatican web site and had the "LETTER TO THE BISHOPS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ON THE PASTORAL CARE OF HOMOSEXUAL PERSONS" in particular #15 & #17 read out loud as well. From a legal perspective, most Catholic Churches are owned in the name of the Bishop of that Diocese; - Chruches are not PUBLIC property. - Any disruption of services can bring charges against the perpetrators if the Diocese Bishop and/or Pastor decides to do so.

8. Rosa Lopes

Be aware of the deceiver.Although You are not given the right by God to Judge :You are not to accept immorality of any kind or to agree as such ,and must stay clear from all of this evil .For if you agree with those that commit such a horrible acts as homosexuality .You are partaking in the same sinful act ,therefore stay clear of those who have chosen the path to Hell.
    Just pray for them

9. beth

read the bible, homosexuality is an sexual sin, a imbomination to the
    LORD; he hates it. God states it is sinful; repent and cry out to God for forgiveness, and live in God's commandments; follow the bible.
    Stop all sexual immorality!

10. Carlos Rivera

The Church is a body of people who gather to worship and celebrate the Mass. Catholics for Equality and other Equality groups seek foremost legal equality in the US. A Catholic married in the church who divorces is not stripped of civil rights or the right to marry, even though the Church may rightly refuse to perform the marriage. A person who commits adultery can hold offices in the Church. There are not constant references to the perversion of adultery in homilies. I am a gay Catholic. I attend Mass and I choose to be there, want to be there, love my Lord. I don't think Jesus would keep me away. But even if the Church decides I am less worthy to be there than murderers, rapists, divorced people, drug abusers, thieves, and so on, that I am more repugnant than any of those, what does this have to do with the civil law? Should I not be permitted to marry and have children? All of the above can do that legally. There is a separation of church and state. That is a good thing, because often Catholics have been the objects of discrimination when it wasn't so. I ask you to remember that. Civil equality is just. And I will go to my grave believing Jesus loves me.