Manhattan Declaration Petitions Apple After Being Stripped of iPhone Application Comments

56 Catholic Bishops and Cardinals signed the Manhattan Declaration, a call of Christian conscience, taking a stand for life, marriage, and religious liberty. The Declaration launched an iPhone/iPad application for its near 500,000 signers in early October with a 4+ rating, which means that it contains "no objectionable material," according to Apple. The application mysteriously vanished from the iTunes Store after a vocal group of opponents ... Continue Reading

1. Geremia

Remember, Apple donated $100,000 to oppose Proposition 8. They are a pro-gay company. Microsoft is pro-abortion. That leaves Ubuntu Linux as the best alternative.

2. Gideon

Put it on the Android market; also the Windows phone market. Probably the quickest way to make Steve Jobs see reason.

P.S. I am not a Catholic.

3. Anne

Both my Diocese Bishop and myself signed the Declaration. Does blocking it fall under censorship and against Freedom of Speech? At least it's bad business when compared to the number of signers of the Declaration compared to Change. Isn't Change one of the George Soros funded groups that supported Obama ?

4. Karen Grube

Please keep up the phone calls to Apple. Lodge a formal complaint through their customer relations department at 408.996.1010. Tell the customer relations representative that you are lodging a FORMAL COMPLAINT about this. Make that person write it down and give you a case number so you can follow up if they don't respond.

5. vance

I emailed Apple to protest this afront to Christianity. I told Apple that I will no longer purchase any Apple product and I will encourage others to do the same. Steve Jobs is another far left GAZILLIONAIRE who throws his fortune at the Democrat Party and supports the Death Culture. What I find so amazing is that the Marxists that he finances HATES PEOPLE LIKE HIM. Isn't that what we constantly hear from the Dems that the EVIL RICH need to be shacken down for all their money. Steve Jobs will not get a penny from me and I hope he won't get anything from you.

6. The Moz

My wife and I signed it. It is one of the most reasonable, well written, polite statements I've ever read, yet it got pulled? Talk about the STASI East German thought police come to the USA.

7. David

How can there be religious freedom if a declaration espousing the values of that religion are banned from store shelves? Why is there this great imperative to legitimize homosexuality? Clearly we are being persecuted, there is no other way to perceive this. What has happened in Europe the, de-Christianize, is what these people want to proceed here and make no mistake about it, this is spiritual combat.

8. JeanCatherine

Sign the alternative one that Chuck Colson has when it comes to your e-mail.

I tried the other day but found out recently its overloading their server so I signed the alternative petition.

If you stand firmly in this sign it and pass on to fellow Christians. Thanks.

9. Jennifer Hartline

Just signed it. Up to 21,000 signatures now! Keep it up, folks!

10. Mark

Rob, to be honest, you might reconsider your statement "Perhaps it's time to change to the droid." (That's worse.) Google in calculated fashion released a smartphone and Google appliance on which it is impossible to implement parental controls or an Internet content filter to block inappropriate content. Google approves of p0rn apps in their store. Apple to their credit did not allow such an app in their store, and has been more cooperative in building a smartphone conducive to filtering the browser. What this may mean, however, is the required sacrifice might have to be be NEITHER the Droid nor the Apple.