Security or Unreasonable Search? Stop Treating Americans Like Suspected Terrorists Comments

It is unreasonable to subject every passenger to being seen virtually naked and/or groped by a government official. 3 year-old girls are not the enemy. 7 year-old boys are not the enemy. Elderly nuns in full habit are not the enemy. The overwhelming majority of people in the United States are not the enemy. Continue Reading

1. Susan

Cultural Marxism brought us political correctness to destroy us from within. It is insane not to use common sense and PROFILE!!! We should NEVER let our government treat innocent people as criminals when all logic says they are not! We are allowing fascism to take over America.

2. MrCee2

Absolutely furious. That's what this article makes me. It has the same effect of my thinking that while I'm deployed right now my wife (Pregnant none the less) and two small children (9 and 3) had to go through security without me. I don't even feel like I know what I am over here fighting for if this is what my family is subjected to in "the home of the free." God Bless the people who made this descion, our Lord and master will give them their just reward in due time. Until then I will pray for the patience and forgivenes of Christ to get through all this.

3. Steve

Thanks to this inhumane system of security, there will be many more people traveling the highways and byways this holiday season, increasing the number of traffic fatalities this year I suspect (hope everyone drives safely) but this is a sham , its not protecting anyone, just making a few people rich via the sale of scanners and other security technology and a few feel important and powerful as they breach your 4th amendment rights and commit unwarranted searches and seizures on innocent persons, thats all. They better get rid of it and use more reasonable techniques.

4. bill in n.j.

TJ you are right. Dead right.

5. John

By the way, I would like to thank Catholic Online and all its writers for recognizing various political issues of the day. It is high time that Catholics understood that our beliefs must have real ramifications for how we approach contemporary society. God Bless You!

6. John

It hurts to say it, but I do think that "profiling" is the only way to go on this. Just like they say: If a Martian landed in America and saw how many disadvantages we have in this war against terrorism (i.e. They don't belong to a single country, they use different tactics, they hide behind civilians, etc.) the Martian would observe that "At least most of these terrorists look alike!" Won't at least one American Islamic organization agree that such profiling is necessary? After all, Al Quaeda has killed around eight times more Muslims than they have Americans, so we all stand to lose something if the jihadists aren't dealt with more efficiently! Profiling is NOT racist or bigoted, it is INTELLIGENT, ENLIGHTENED, and makes everyone SAFER!

7. TJ

Common sense? What a novel idea? For those who have forgotten 9/11, or never learned the lesson (including most of the idots in Washington), we can't win the war if we don't recognize the enemy. Yes we are still at war, and yes this is part of the war. Husbands and fathers, are you just going to stand by and watch your wife and/or children get molested? It's time for men to stand up.

8. Andy Holland

We fought a revolution over this! Our 4th Amendment rights are Chrystal clear. Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241 Conspiracy Against Rights "This statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person of any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the United States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same)... Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to ten years, or both; and if ... aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years, or for life, or may be sentenced to death."