Gay Activists Denied Communion at Catholic College Mass by Archbishop Nienstedt Comments

Archbishop John Nienstedt recently sent out a DVD defending marriage and calling the faithful to do so with their votes in the upcoming elections. This is the reason he is being opposed by homosexual equivalency activists. The Homosexual Equivalency Movement is now engaged in open defiance right within the sanctuary of the Catholic Church. This offense against the Church masquerades as a call for equal rights. Dissident ... Continue Reading

1. Anne

Kenneth, ALL unmarried persons are called to chasitity/celibacy. And when doing so, in a state of Grace they ALL may receive Holy Communion. In fact, married persons who have been divorced and have not gotten an annulment, can not receive Communion either. Please don't despair and think anyone is picking on you or good people with SSA. Sex is not everything in this world, and we are not aniimals. God bless you, and your wife and children.

2. Ashwin I.

Sarah Palen"s question dated 10th on the St John's college has not been answered. Are the college authorities in favour of giving communion to such homosexual dissidents against the word of the Bishop ? What I find is there is a tendency on the part of some catholic priests and intellectuals to go along the modern thinking ignoring the traditional teaching of the Church based on the word of God. This is creating trouble in the West which is eager to wipe off christianity from the face of the earth.

3. Xavier

I was encouraged and fill with joy over the strength and faith, by Bishop Nienstadt. I pray God to continues stand by the church against every contrary activities that some faithful of the church try to bring for their self indulgence. I pray God to guide the church and the leader to lead aright in line with the goodnews and teaching of Jesus Christ himself.

We pray for the gayist to turn a new leave and agree with the church teaching of holiness.

4. Justin

I am a Muslim, and I admire the integrity of the bishop for refusing to sanctify the immoral practices of homosexualists. All of Abraham's children, Jews, Christians, and Muslims, are under attack by this radical and immoral ideology. May Allah the Almighty have mercy on our nation.

5. linda

I hope the Archbishop will send these dvd's to all the Churchs throughout the country.

6. Kevin

We all need to follow this adorable saint:
    Mother Teresa often said, "Holiness is not the luxury of the few, it is a simple duty for each one of us." May her example help us to strive for holiness: to love God, to respect and love every human person created by God in His own image and in whom He dwells, and to care for our poor and suffering brethren. May all the sick, the suffering, and those who seek God's help find a friend and intercessor in Mother.

7. Kenneth

All my life I have been living with the gilt of being Gay. As a catholic I have married and had 3 beautiful children (all grown up now). Every day I fight with my feelings and my strong catholic belief. Some days I wish God would just take me so my suffering would end. Please don't put Gay people dqwn But pray for them. Remember Jesus died for all of us. Jesus have mercy, Christ have mercy.

8. seipati

Jesus accepts all, as a matter of fact He came for the lost and not the saved. BUT the homosexuals and the like, He loves but please communion is not f or them. Thank God for Arch. John Nienstedt. We pray for the Grace of God upon all of us to come out boldly and speak, and we also pray for mercy on the homosexuals and the like. Thank you.

9. char

I appreciate the article. It helps give us some concrete answers and examples when objections to our "intolerant views" are strongly voiced against us. I believe it was G.K. Chesterton who said something to the effect of: "Right is right even if nobody is right and wrong is still wrong even if everybody is wrong". This archbisop has some great company. We were the original diocese of then Bishop Burke, now of Rome. Thank you

10. John D

The very sad fact of the matter is that folks with same sex attractions suffer much more then the heterosexual population, even when they live in homosexual enclaves where their same sex attraction is viewed as totally acceptable and normal. How do they suffer more? They have increased rates of depression, substance abuse, suicide, and physical disease (in addition to AIDS). The same sex attraction does seem to have a tendency to trigger other harmful emotional and physical ailments resulting in drastically lower life spans. Anyone interested in reading more about the research supporting this should go to the following web site and scroll half way down to "What does scientific evidence show about homosexuality?" http://www.catholic.com/library/gay_marriage.asp Giving in and promoting this behavior is like giving whiskey to an alcoholic. Whether they want to hear it or not, the Archbishop had to deny them the Sacrement to make a point, which is for their own good. These poor souls suffering with same sex attractions need our prayers.