Fr. Thomas Euteneuer Steps Down from the Presidency of Human Life International Comments

'It has been 15 years since I last had any significant time for renewal, and after traveling more than 1.1 million miles, authoring two books, visiting 58 countries and making thousands of public appearances, I am ready for a break! I intend to continue to do pro-life work wherever I may be called to serve, and my bishop agrees that this is a vital charism of my priestly life.' ( Fr. Euteneuer)  Continue Reading

1. JoNee

Thank you for all your work to educate every one on Pro-Life issues and causes all over the world. God will be with you in your new roll as God is your Savior and WILL bless you in your future endeavors. HLI has had my support from the start with Fr. Paul Marx at the helm. I was blest in Fr. Paul Marx's strong support for life, as you had followed through on. Your work will go on as Fr. Paul Marx wanted it to.

2. vance

A standing ovation for Fr Euteneuer for his outstanding leadership and service. May God bless him in his future endeavors. I hope and pray that God sends us an individual who can fill his shoes. I will continue my efforts in the Pro Life movement.

3. Christine

For Bob,
    When a Bishop mandates a priest to do something, he is bound by that. A Bishop is not required to give a reason, he simply acts according to what he believes is God's will. We are called to accept that through obedience.

Father did not "break his word", that would imply he turned his back on an obligation. He is simply responding to the mandate of his Bishop.

4. Joel Fago

Fr. Tom Euteneuer is a much needed strong and uncompromosing voice. Is it possible for him to be put in a similar position as Fr. Frank Pavone of Priests for Life?

5. Vince

I can't help but be a bit sad about this, because Fr. Euteneuer has been such an amazing voice for life and has done such wonderful work at HLI. But I know that God will bless him in all that he does, and HLI will continue their important work. All the best and thank you for your tireless efforts Fr. Euteneuer!!!

6. Diane

He was so well spoken about prolife. I loved reading his articles wherever I could find them. I'll bet he's tired and does need a break. I'm sure we'll hear more from him in the future. Get some rest Father, then back into the fray! We'll be waiting for you.

7. Kathleen, in California

How disappointing! I just finished his enlightening book on Exorcisim. I have, to the small extent I was able, supported his work informing Catholics the world over of the Church's continued teachings for life in all its stages and against contraception, abortion, and euthanasia--and of our duties as Christians and Catholics to stand up for the little ones in the womb, for the disabled, for the aged--and for our Church, which these days is under incredible attack. He should be honored for his courage and example. May God bless him generously.

8. Bob

I belong to a parish in the heart of the bible belt in Murfreesboro Tn. Father was supposed to speak at our initial Respect Life program as a way to help us raise funds and more importantly awareness of the spiritual battle of abortion. We had 300 people from the Diocese that had paid to hear Father speak and tonight we were told that he can not speak because he has been called back by his Bishop, no reason was given.
    I hope that whatever he was called back for was so important that Father had to break his word and also not spread the Catholic Pro Life message in a HEAVILY Protestant community. I guess as Catholics we can always turn to the Protestant churches for the pro-life message.

9. Mary F.

Fr. Euteneuer has been an outstanding defender of human life. May God continue to bless him in this new phase of his priestly vocation.