Exorcism and the Church Militant: Fr. Euteneuer, Pro-Life Leader, Is Also an Exorcist Comments

By the end of my interview with Father Euteneuer, I realized my initial question about being frightened of demons had betrayed my misunderstanding of the limits of demonic power. Exorcism and the Church Militant is a book that should provide guidance to many for years to come, especially for parents who need a reminder that the occult is not innocent entertainment. Continue Reading

1. missy

The vatican did not approve the Harry Potter series. For all you Christian Catholic haters, your 'protestant' religion means just that: 'to prostest'. To protest what? The Catholic Church. Weird basis for a religion.

2. dale

Demons are the disembodied spirits from the giants who were the offspring of the fallen angels and women after they procreated. (GEnesis 6th chapter) This is why God caused the Flood; to get rid of the corrupted bloodline.
    Fallen angels are angels who were created by God and who chose to follow Lucifer, or Satan, in his rebellion against God, who wanted to be like God. He was the highest cherubim, and the most beautiful angel. He was also given the art of music (which is why music is so very powerful). Demons are not fallen angels.

3. Danno

Spoler alert** It is fiction. It is fantasy. It is a classic tale of good vs. evil. In the end "magic" isn't what wins. It is love that conquors all. Say what you want, but if you haven't read the books or watched the movies you don't know what you are talking about.

Elizabeth's message does more harm than good in my opinion that is a real world example of what goes on in that world. For someone who is thinking about joining that "religion" If anything her message would do more to spike someone's curiosity than it would be to make them shy away from it. I've never looked into it before because I don't want to. I have strong christian beliefs, and think if you play with fire you will get burndt. Elizabeths message makes it sound like there is an allure to being in the inner circle of wicca. It almost sounds cloak and dagger like, and that's the problem. You didn't need to go into all that to make your point. Just say that it is dangerous plain and simple and the people who want you to follow it are dangerous too.

4. Ethan

Harry Potter does not "glorify" magic, it merely accepts it as existing. There are plenty of 'spells' in the series that are horrifying and depraved and universally condemned by all good and moral characters within the book. Much focus on the moral quality of magic is focused on the soul. In the series, the most evil spells tarnish and damage your soul. This becomes important in the final book where Harry Potter and Voldemort both die simultaneously, and their souls meet in the world beyond.

In this world beyond Harry is warm and comfortable, if not slightly bewildered by his new surroundings. He comes across Voldemorts soul, in the form of a shriveled, childlike body, flayed and maimed, rocking back 'n forth in the fetal position in a corner. This is meant to show the eternal consequences of evil.

While I see Fr. E's point, that the everyday existence of magic in the HP world makes it seem normal and ordinary, and that comfort with its existence can translate to the real world. The point most people here are trying to make is that magic itself is only as evil as its intent. If you are a catholic purist then that doesnt fly as all magic is evil no matter what. But that's for each individual to choose.

I would absolutely let my kids read these books, but at a certain age. Not because of the magic, but because these books where written for a specific group of people, not just kids. As the characters age, the audience that reads the books ages as well, and the content matures accordingly. I had 9 year old campers who couldn't get through the opening passages of the 3rd book because it was too scary for them. By the 5th book, the themes and historical references are too sophisticated for a young child to comprehend.

My final point, and the main reason why I'd think any catholic parent should allow these books to be read at some point in life is that Harry is the most blatant Christ-like figure in literature since Christ himself. Action for Action at the end of the series Harry and Christ are going step in step.

Harry finds out he's 'the chosen one' at the end of the 5th book. as Christ learns of his father. This prompts a time spent wandering, gathering a following and attempting to rise to the challenges destiny has thrown at them, both being censured by the establishment, and rejected by one time friends and admirers who have been corrupted by evil.

In the end, both sacrifice their life, willingly, and as a result, extend unbreakable protection over all of mankind from the forces from evil (as evidence when voldemort tries to torture Neville Longbottom and others only to find his powers ineffective against those who stand with Harry, much like those who put their faith in christ are protected from evil)in the end, harry comes back from the dead (ressurects), and fulfills his destiny.

5. Ted

Unless I am mistaken, years ago the Vatican approved of the Harry Potter series, since it teaches the values of morality, friendship, love, and so on.

6. tmaggie

I was raised Catholic - still am - but for a while when we were young we had a Ouija board. We believed all that stuff about "it's your fingers moving it" and never stopped to think why our "fingers" would cuss out our oldest brother when he was in the room. We all loved him. One day we were in the living room with the lights off, drapes drawn, all gathered around the board (I come from a large family). We were asking questions and "Karraol" was answering them. Suddenly, in mid-word, the planchette swung to "no". "No, what?" we asked. In response, the words "go to hell" were spelled out. "What do you mean?" we asked. The planchette then spelled out my brother's name. "He's not here!" someone said, and we looked at each other, then around. Then we all gasped - my brother was standing in the doorway, watching us, not making a sound.

We put the board away and never touched it again. My brother is married to the pastor of a non-denominational church and very much into Christ. Perhaps "Karraol" knew this?

There is evil in the world. Those who do not believe in good and evil are blank slates upon which evil can imprint if they are not careful.

7. missy

First of all, the authority of the Church is the authority of Jesus Christ. The Catholic Church is Jesus Christ. Jesus said to St Peter 'Upon this Rock I shall build My Church." That Church is the Catholic Church. That is why the Catholic Church is always capitalized.

Second, do not minimize the devil, evil, and possession. That is exactly what they want. I think that is the point.

Third, religiousity? What the heck is that? That is ridiculous. I don't think anyone is suffering from too much religion in our culture. We could all use a lot more zeal in this department. How can there be too much Love and Truth (aka Jesus)?

Fourth, the woman has gone through something horrible and real and is trying to help someone from the same. You all would ramble too if you went through what she went through.

A little charity, kindess, and unity would be nice on board where most people are proclaiming a love of Jesus Christ.

8. Bill

Last night I was watching the new Harry Potter movie and could literally feel the devil creeping into my brain. I say down with all these evil books and movies! Mass book burning tonight, my place. Let's teach these people that imagination and fantasy are works of the devil, and that ignoring reason is the only way to live!

9. Lou

I few this website as a religious site. I respect that! Many here miss the mark of the message.
    I don't apologize for the message given here, it is right on! Most adults especially intellectuals are gullible in this subject matter! The message here is to protect children by not exposing their curiosity to something evil.

10. Karen

It doesn't take an earthly,physical church or a piest to cast out a demon. Christ and the Holy Spirit are the church. Indivs. can do it at home."Deliverance From Evil Spirits" by ex Epis.priest,Francis MacNutt is a good guide. I know because I've done it on myself. I know of indvs. cured on the spot of bronchitis by peole praying over them.