Exorcism and the Church Militant: Fr. Euteneuer, Pro-Life Leader, Is Also an Exorcist Comments

By the end of my interview with Father Euteneuer, I realized my initial question about being frightened of demons had betrayed my misunderstanding of the limits of demonic power. Exorcism and the Church Militant is a book that should provide guidance to many for years to come, especially for parents who need a reminder that the occult is not innocent entertainment. Continue Reading

1. Anne

# 2116 " All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to "unveil" the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition"

2. Lady

Demons and the devil are real but God/Jesus is more powerful than them.Why worry, they can't harm you if your faith is strong but maybe they could annoy you. I personally see no harm in Harry Potter or any other Fantasy book or horror book. I read horoscopes & tarot cards and am not worried about make believe.

3. hereIam

There are people practicing witchcraft in lots of places. The devil and those serving it are also reading such boards, right ?

The moment you will think you are safe, and far, expect a spiritual night to come along; at least in this world.

Stay strong and firm in your good deeds: once in the Eternal Kingdown, there are no comebacks, and there you're really at Home. God bless.

4. Theresa

"In reading about your experiences with evil and posession, I became curious: Why are there no videos of posession victims displaying unusual strength, satanic knowledge, or any of the other "powers" granted by demons? Merely documenting these would prove the existance of demons, and shut folks like Bart up for good. Additionally, if demonic posession were a proven condition doctors would know to watch for it and the posessed could be cured much faster. Why doesn't the church prove to the world that it is right, and help people by doing so?"

The attitude that the church has taken to the occult ccd, is not to discuss it too much or publisise it for fear of arousing unhealthy curiosity. That does mean unfortunately that sceptics like Bart don't get the answer they want, though I suspect that even if video proof was shown, that he would say it had been doctored. As many others have said here, the protection against demons and evil in all its forms is to pray, keep the commandments, attend the Sacraments and keep away from mediums and the like. Beyond that, it isn't healthy to delve too much into the subject; we have priests specifically trained for that and they find it a burden. I appreciate that here, Elizabeth has given a specific answer to a specific person and more detail is needed.

5. Maria

I played ouija board with my friends when we were alot younger. No big deal, it was 1 of us moving it. Of course demons are real but I do Not think playing ouija, reading horror novels, doing tarot cards or horoscopes alone put you in danger. It depends on your mindset. I read horoscopes, tarot cards and horror novels for fun! As for Harry Potter, isn't getting kids to read good? My students like the Chronicles of Narnia best but I have not found anything wicked in Harry Potter.
    Catholic by birth & choice

6. oneg

If everybody followed the 10 Commendments, this world would be a much better place. The devil himself exists and so does witches and demons. The only way to have peace and love is from God. Jesus Christ is Lord.

7. JeanCatherine

Lee and or Michael contact me there at Author and Information.

8. JeanCatherine

From JeanCatherine above. Lee and Michael if you want contact me at my blog at Jean'sBistro2010's Blog.

Read my blog and subscribe to it as seen above.

9. Lee

Michael,

Feel free to contact me. I don't want to give my name & email address to the public. Not sure the best way.

Allow me to say I am Bible believing and accept Jesus as my savior. My interpretations are a bit different than most, but I am not out to sell or convince others. I share, but have no need to convince.

10. JeanCatherine

God Bless all here and even the skeptics. The church left silly superstition behind a long time ago.

Its sad because that is what the devil wants us to think that as an entity it isnt possible but as the church teaches the best defense and protection are its Sacraments: The Mass, going to Penance/Confession, receiving communion, doing a Holy Hour and just saying your prayers and loving and trusing by faith in Christ.

He told us some would not believe or would fall away. He also told us His words would never die and He told us of our future eventually at His Second Coming. Look to our Lord with all your hearts and do not be afraid or worry. If you must do these things remember and go back to Him. The Church is always there and will be until He returns. This was His gift to us and we must embrace it. Read the end of the Book. The devil lost. Its just a sore looser and it refuses to give up in its tricks and snares. He said help each other and this place is the best way to look out for all of us next to Church. God Bless brothers and sisters.