Exorcism and the Church Militant: Fr. Euteneuer, Pro-Life Leader, Is Also an Exorcist Comments

By the end of my interview with Father Euteneuer, I realized my initial question about being frightened of demons had betrayed my misunderstanding of the limits of demonic power. Exorcism and the Church Militant is a book that should provide guidance to many for years to come, especially for parents who need a reminder that the occult is not innocent entertainment. Continue Reading

1. Mary

I saw 1 Harry Potter with my Grandsons--I napped through it - Know nothing about the Twilight books and movies -- My advise- many good books out there to read- so don;t "pitch your tent in the devil's territory"

2. csteinmann

Hi Elizabeth, I'm a 13 year old Catholic boy who just finished reading your comment and needless to say I am confused with your theory. Sometimes I spray Axe in my room to make it smell nice. In fact last year I actually had interest in scented candles. You said parents should look out for that. I'm also deeply into skateboarding, violent video games, action figures and horror movies. However, I am also a second level honor student. Bottom line is I don't feel like I am opening my self up to demonic possession. I have never felt a demon or any type of paranormal force inside of me. So anyways could you just tell me if I'm on the right path I am sort of confused now after reading your comment.

3. Bingoz

This is unrelated to Harry Potter, Wicca etc... but does regard "demonic presence". I am not Catholic or "affiliated" with any religion, but my belief in a "HIGHER power", keeping, at least, the laws of physics in mind, the requirement of a "LOWER power" is "elementary, Watson" :). Having been addicted to many substances, the worst of which are soul steeling narcotics, during narcotic withdrawal I experienced "hellish" visions, apparitions or hallucinations - all I am convinced, now, are quite REAL. The most horrific of these "visions" included the foulest of smells, the "presence" of indefinable creatures and the "experience" of unspeakable acts - are all quite disturbing and vivid to this day, years later. Occams Razor (l. lex parsimoniae), i.e.: the simplest theory is likely the correct theory, implies, the occult, supernatural, angelic, demonic, good and evil IS. A word to all who think of, or are, using narcotics for "recreation" - DON'T!!!!! If "gateways to hell" exist, notwithstanding their effectiveness at "distraction" from physical pain and when prescribed by a licensed physician (their ONLY VALID USE), their "gateways" are certainly wide open and functioning perfectly - to possession - or worse.

4. buffman

"Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
    That sav’d a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found,
    Was blind, but now I see.
    ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
    And grace my fears reliev’d;
    How precious did that grace appear,
    The hour I first believ’d!"

--these words were written by John Newton, a man that practiced in the great evil of trafficking human beings through the slave trade. A near death experience at sea transformed his life and made him whole, as the words of "Amazing Grace" testify.

Newton later became rector of St. Mary Woolchurch, in London. There he drew large congregations and influenced many, among them William Wilberforce, who would one day become a leader in the campaign for the abolition of slavery. Newton continued to preach until the last year of life, although he was blind by that time. He died in London December 21, 1807. Infidel and libertine turned minister in the Church of England, he was secure in his faith that amazing grace would lead him home.

God used him to change the world, the same as Paul, who had Stephen stoned to death for his belief in Christ. This very song uplifted me from my world of addictions (lust, greed, death) and I now aid those wandering in spiritual deserts, kind of like "Pay it forward".

5. God

Wow, if only the truly weird people would not follow me. If you could reason with believers, there would be no believers. Now crawl away and grovel some more amongst yourselves.

6. Chris

Religious leaders have always used fear as a tool to keep in control. This includes Islam, Judaism and Christianity.Free your mind from these people. All that heaven and hell nonsense is used as propaganda by humans with an agenda, **not god** to scare the crap out of you and make you open your wallet, fight wars, and hand power to religious leaders like Priests, Muftis and Rabbis.

7. Christine

@ Brad - I am curious. What do you do with the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus?

8. Flipper

Brad - Just b/c you think that Christianity is a "fairy tale" doesn't make it so. Hansel & Gretel is a fairy tale. Jack and the Beanstalk is a fairy tale. Christianity is a religion that has shaped Western Civilization for 2,000 years. It permeates nearly every facet of American and European culture, and it was/is valued by many of the great minds and leaders that this world has known. It has brought people together, given hope to the down-trodden, given relief to the poor, and has given a sense of purpose to billions of people. Christian churches have made mistakes, clergy members have committed crimes, and doctrine occassionally clashes with what is popular at the moment, but Christianity and its message has stood the test of time. It has lasted 2,000 years.

Fairy tales have not done that...neither has modern atheism....so please take your arrogant condescension elsewhere.

9. geek49203

Gosh, I never dreamed that the demonic was so boring... but after sitting thru this movie the other night, that is the only conclusion I can reach if this article is true. The demons must bore the unsuspecting to death, then make every 3 hour interval (the length of this movie) seem like eternity....

10. mark

Funny how you folks would scream and howl at anyone disparaging your religions.
    But, it's ok to trash on other religions.

Funny how you claim all this is hurting kids when your own clergy has been raping kids.

Funny how people claim to be the grand high muckety muck in the past.
    Not buying that. Talk is cheap.

You people scare me half to death with your wanting to expunge other religious beliefs.
    Your claims of education are merely the descriptions if indoctrination.

I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods you will understand why I dismiss yours.

God made me a witch. Who are you to question his wisdom?