Pro-life Hero, Protestant Minister to Catholic Priest: Fr. Paul Schenck, Prophetic Sign of Coming Full Communion Comments

I had the privilege of being part of Church history on Saturday, June 12, 2010. My friend of many years, former Protestant minister and Pro-Life hero, Paul Schenck, was ordained as a Priest of the Catholic Church. My history with Fr. Paul Schenck goes back decades.I believe that Fr. Paul Chaim Schenck is a prophetic sign of the coming full communion of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. With a dispensation from Rome waiving ... Continue Reading

1. Scott

Dear Deacon, this was a blessing of a story. I am a Convert to the Catholic Faith some 20 yrs ago and will begin the 4 yr journey to become a deacon this fall. I can only dream of the priesthood. I love, support, and pray for our priests always. Fr. Shenck, we thank you.

2. Louie

This is my first time to visit this site and I am very glad to read this story. It inspires me. It moves me. i am sad as I write this. A dear nephew of mine is sick and this story of faith, of man's faith really moves me.

3. Augustine, Obl.S.B.

Congratulations, Fr. Paul!! And yet I must point out once again the discrepancy in the Roman Rite's celibacy requirement. Why can the celibacy requirement be waved for those who convert, but not those who have been life-long members of the Church? What is the theological basis for this?

4. "G.G" a pro-life Catholic

Dear Deacon Fournier,

I truly enjoyed this beautiful story. I do so admire Fr. Paul Shenck for his committment to his blessed journey into Catholicism. I also admire your and his loyal and beautiful friendship. I will pray for Fr. Paul Chaim Shenck, Priest of Jesus Christ as you asked. GOD bless you and Fr. Paul Shenck and your families in the name of Jesus Christ.

5. jo

It is clearly the blessing of our Lord Jesus that a Protestant became a Catholic priest to serve God In a different way.As a Catholic priest let us hope that he will be able to bring new energy and enthusiasm into his ministry.Let us pray for his successful ministry.

6. carl

it is indeed an amazing grace from above :) and to know that ther are very fervent pro life activists is also very enocuraging!! hopefully this ferver can spread to a country like mine (India, the first to legalize abortion). would def like to do somethin for the fight against abortions