Pro-life Hero, Protestant Minister to Catholic Priest: Fr. Paul Schenck, Prophetic Sign of Coming Full Communion Comments

I had the privilege of being part of Church history on Saturday, June 12, 2010. My friend of many years, former Protestant minister and Pro-Life hero, Paul Schenck, was ordained as a Priest of the Catholic Church. My history with Fr. Paul Schenck goes back decades.I believe that Fr. Paul Chaim Schenck is a prophetic sign of the coming full communion of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. With a dispensation from Rome waiving ... Continue Reading

1. Greg Vin Ituma

Thanks be to God. May the entry of Fr. Paul into priesthood be an eye opener to other protestants that they may have to reconsider their stand and join the league.

2. Clint

Praise GOD in the highest! This is what our Mother Church needs!

3. JIm Sobczyk

God bless you for showing me that whatever need be, that the Holy Spirit will guide us. With Christ as the vine we are the branches, ane the whole church becomes stronger whith each and every priest ordained, each convert, each baptism. Dear Lord Make me more like these men that love you more than feeling safe in their Protestant congregation. You are the Way and the Light.

4. Ernesto V.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful and inspirational story. Here in the Philippines, the cult of Felix Manalo (Iglesia ni Cristo which is Church of Christ in English) use priestly celibacy requirement as a tool to fool many un-informed Catholics to leave the Church saying that "forbidding" to marry in the Catholic Church (not in the priesthood) as they accuse us is a teachings of the Devil.

Today, they have gone of reason to demonize the Universal Church of Christ because now it is proven that their argument is now futile.

As I always argue with them, priestly celibacy is a discipline, not a doctrine but of course they always wanted to get on top so they wont concede.

Thank you and may Fr. Paul Schenck and his family be blessed more and more and I pray that throuhg his Catholic priestly vocation, more and more protestants may finally come back to the real fold, the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church of Christ.

5. John Bosco

This is true fruit of true ecumenism.

The true spirit of ecumenism is that Church works with others to guide them and help them to understand the true church the Only Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and come in full communion.

6. Maria Wells

Dear Deacon: I'm so thrilled for Fr. Paul! I've heard him speak a couple of times and he is truly doing the work of the Lord in helping to save children and women. God bless him and you for what you do for our Lord's kingdom.

7. Paul Nsubuga

God is great and He alone knows how to move us and guide us to where we belong. I pray for Fr. Paul that he even does greater than he has been doing

8. Don Davis

I was a member of a Church in Hampton Roads where Paul served as Pastor. He was a fantasitic speaker. I was also present at his ordination into the Episcopal Church. I wish him the best.

9. cullen

Is Fr. Paul a married man? Does Rome often give dispensation for the celibacy requirement? This dispensation of celibacy-- won't this weaken the Priesthood of Jesus Christ?

10. Andy Holland

Wonderful! "A Melkite Catholic Bishop, who played a significant role in his journey to the Catholic Church" + "gave him a copy of the Liturgy of the Hours which I had engraved to "Fr. Paul Chaim Schenck'. I hoped it would be prophetic." + "Paul's courageous work on behalf of children in the womb served as bookends for an entire chapter in my life." = a friend "ship": 1. Defense of an innocent man who is persecuted like a beam - a spine of a ship from bow to stern. 2. Providing the Psalms of the hours that are prayed like a gentle breeze against the sails of a soul. 3. The introduction of a Bishop friend who is like a rudder. And this friend-ship constructed though the grace of God, where you were privileged to help build and see the fruit of work, over time, brings a soul to the safe harbor of Our Mother, the Church.