Archbishop Dolan: 'The Father of Our Family, Il Papa, Needs our Love, Support, and Prayers.' Comments

Archbishop Dolan compared the current situation facing Pope Benedict XVI to the" "unjust accusations, shouts of the mob, and scourging at the pillar" which we commemorate this Holy Week. Continue Reading

1. Jim

God Bless and be with you, Holy Father! With you as aour Vicar of Christ on earth, I am PROUD to be
    in THE Church of Christ!

2. Jason

It may be that the pope needs our love and prayers. And I will give him both. But before I give support, I need a better explanation for why his office failed to act in response to the pleas of Wisconsin bishops and other clergy asking him to address the charges of molestation by a Father Murphy.

3. Andy Holland

"No one has been more vigorous in cleansing the Church of the effects of this sickening sin than the man we now call Pope Benedict XVI."

That statement is so true.

The NY Times idiotic innuendo would be laughable if it were not so often repeated and on such a serious subject. Our prayers are with the Holy Father.

The other great irony is that the same press and "society" is accepting Sodomy on all levels - encouraging the sort of culture that gives rise to sexual abuse. On one hand they decry it, on the other promote it. This is how the demons work; enticing to sin, and then relentlessly condemning and trying to drag the innocent into their net. The intellect of our newspaper people is truly darkened.

4. Jack Gordon

May the pope discover a new PR firm. The one he has currently is doing an appallingly bad job.

5. Margaret Allain

Thank you, I stumbled across this article while researching the thirty days prayer to Our Lady, for England, for the coming visit of the Holy Father and my fears that, as this marvelous Archbishop says, is being treated so appallingly in the press, as Our Lord was, it is a comfort to hear his words, God keep him, Vive el Papa!

6. Avila Power

Holy Father we, all your spiritual children love you and pray for you in this terrible time you are experiencing. I love the Catholic Church, it has been my anchor and guide throughout my life and I love all the holy priests and religious who have given up their lives to serve Our Lord in His vineyard. Yes this is a time of great trial and pain for all of us, but remember the wonderful prayer of St Julian of Norwich,
    "All will be well" We, as the Body of Christ will come out of this victorious, and our lights will continue to shine in a world that has turned their backs on Christ. Stand firm and pray, at all times. Our Blessed Mother Mary will always be at our sides. Congratulations to Archbishop Timothy Dolan, and thank you.
    Yes yes yes we are proud to be CATHOLIC

7. Favour

May God give our Pope the grace to overcome these false accusations. We love you our Holy Father. . The Fires of hell shall never prevail over this Church.

Please let the pope put more stringent measures on those to be confered priesthood. Some of the priests really do abnominable things. I suggest the age for priesthood should be fixed from 40 upwards so that we can separate the good from the fake.

God will bless catholic church.

8. Calistus Thomas

Your spiritual children are firmly behind you..........in both love and faith....

9. Jane

Many thanks to this wonderful Archbishop for his consoling words. During this time I can think of only one thing, Peter's words to Our Blessed Lord: "To whom shall we go, Lord? You have the words of everlasting life!" The Pope, the Bishops in union with the Pope and the priests and all Catholics are in my prayers. We have to remember too, that this is the year of the Priest and Satan is extremely angry about that and wants to destroy the priesthood.

10. Gloria Ramirez

God bless all Priests and Religious!
    I have been a Catholic all my life-- I was a teenager in the 60's.
    Holy Mother Church since then --- and now has been led by "extraordinary men"--
    So I proclain "VIVA EL PAPA BENEDICTO-- VIVA!