Fifty-nine Thousand Nuns Oppose the Bishops on Health Care Comments

Catholics in the pews are being made more and more aware that something has gone wrong in many of our venerable Catholic institutions and religious orders. Continue Reading

1. Concerned Catholic

thousands of the unborn will be aborted with the 7 billion dollars of federal money being given to community health centers, if the bill becomes law.

That is a lie. Please stop YOUR sinning. Life matters at ALL STAGES.

2. Catholic mom of three

Catholic institutions that publicly support feticide should decide to stop being Catholic institutions. Catholic individuals should respect the church and if they want to voice opinions contrary to the church, they either should not bring up the church when they speak to the media or state they are voicing opinions contrary to the church and not acting as church representatives. Catholic institutions are Christian first and American second. If they want to be the other way around, become secular. The media should not be a vehicle of dissent of official Catholic policy statements. If nuns want to speak out against the bishops, it should stay within the Church. I'm praying that the healthcare bill fails for probably the same reasons they want it to succeed, I suppose they can pray that it passes.

3. Paul Primavera

My comments are here:

4. Pricelia

I was saddened by this article on the position of these nuns. I could not believe that they would do such a thing. I decided to read more about it and I decided to start from my bishop's blog (Bishop Lynch of St. Petersburg). Fortunately he wrote about it and he also got the email from Sister Carol Keehan in response to CHA's position.

You may want to read his 2 blogs:

I am glad to know her position and praise God that our church is not divided as I originally thought.

5. Michael W Nahlen

These religous sisters are, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. All the supposedly good that will come out of the health bill CAN NOT superceed the intrinsic EVIL OF ABORTION, and this bill DOES mandate that all taxpayers pay for abortions. Only an idiot cannot see this fact.

6. harry freeman

This is very troubling! Perhaps too many women think with their feelings and don't think with facts as one should. There are many ways to help the poor without resorting to abortion legislation. i pray for their enlightenment!

7. Heidi

As each day passes,and I awake to the news, I have feeling of helplessness,fear and questions about the future for me,my family and others,like me,who are only 53,bedriddened for the most part with a handful of different chronic illnesses I did not ask for or bring on myself in anyway.
    As times passes, I am looked upon more and more as an usless part of society,regardless,of raising 2 beautiful daughters who contribute to society.
    II certainly pray daily and hope in the Mercy of God on us all,yet even with prayers, man still has free will.
    It is time for ALL good people to speak out for life.We must give it our all to fight this spiritual battle so life has meaning for the great and the small. We are not God and we need to stop acting like we are and we need to show others they are not God either.
    God have mercy on our souls!

8. Kevin

As a former Protestant preparing to enter the Church this Easter, I don't understand how people who think of themselves as faithful Catholics can simply thumb their noses at the bishops while ignoring something as grave as murder. Ignoring Church leadership in favor of private judgment is supposed to be a distinguishing mark of Protestantism.

9. robert bearce

Now I know that the Devil is part of the Catholic Church. Nuns supporting the killing of babies in the name of health care.