Defender of the Faith: Bishop Stika Responds to Distribution of Anti-Catholic Tracts Comments

''The leaflets produced by Chick Publications are hateful, discriminatory, and full of prejudice and bigotry.' Continue Reading

1. mike

Remember what Jesus said about the Anti-Christ and his workings.Every Catholic should just pray for this Jack Chick person and not give into all his hype! When you believe in something good there is always some one who wants to tear into it as they don't or can not understand. One word and its faith! It's that simple.

2. Jonas

Thanks his lordship for this few words. The lord richly bless u for this unity words. May u continue to defend the faith in the lord's vineyard.

3. Bulbajer

This Jack Chick hates anyone who isn't a hyper-conservative Protestant. Ugh.

4. Nadine

Well written response. If there was more calm, balanced dialogue like this in the world it would be a much better place.

5. Dan

Victor R. Claveau, be careful what you say... only God knows the heart of Jack Chick. I agree with this article; what Jack is doing IS wrong; Jack seems to be wrapped up in religious fundamentalism, like the Pharisees in Jesus' day.
    I am not Roman Catholic myself (I am Wesleyan); however, I am happy to say that I accept Catholicism now as part of the Church of Christ.
    Victor R. Claveau, I am also an intellectual WITH integrity, and the fact is, I accept the Catholic Church as the Church of Christ; but honestly, when you say, "Anyone with intellectual integrity, and by that I mean anyone with an open heart and an open mind, who studies Catholic doctrine and the biblical and historical foundations,for those beliefs will eventually join the Catholic Church." you begin to sound like Jack Chick. Statements like that DO NOT UNIFY the Church of Jesus.

6. Victor R. Claveau

Anything that divides Christians is not of God. Jack Chick is a man blinded by hate. He knows that he misrepresents the teachings of the Catholic Church and just doesn't care. He is more interested in making money. The more inflamatory he is, the more money he makes.

Anyone with intellectual integrity, and by that I mean anyone with an open heart and an open mind, who studies Catholic doctrine and the biblical and historical foundations,for those beliefs will eventually join the Catholic Church. Jesus started only ONE Church and the Catholic Church is the only religious body that can legitimately claim to be that Church. I invite you to prove me wrong,and so, challenge you to take an honest look.

If you want to know what the Catholic Church really teaches. go to www.evangelizationstation.com

It is one of the most comprehensive Catholic sites on the Internet. You can also ask any question tou want concerning the Catholic Faith and get an answer from an expert.

Like Jesus, the Catholic Church's goal is to unify, not divide.

7. Steve

Its sad to say but my father used to hand Chick tracts out. As a Catholic I find them disturbing and hateful. The Bishop was clear and very well spoken, May God bless him and all his servants.

8. JeanCatherine

Amen Bishop.

Thank you for this teaching moment.

Keep praying the Rosary everyday of your lives or at least acknowledge God when you get up and when you lay down at night.

He is doing marvelous things for us in these troubling times.

Peace.

9. Lawrence Nyankwarara

Thx Bishop.The Catholic church has been fought for quit long,but they will never manage it because it is with the Holy Spirit that guides it.Those who criticise it will never manage it.I urge all Catholics to continue praying for our lovely faith.
    God Will continue blessing us and let`s leave those who say ill to our church God knows what He will do for them.
    Mary Mother of God pray for us.

10. Irma

Why does Satan call the body of Crist a death cookie?