Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Meeting Comments

One recent Girl Scout project 'aims at securing the right of women, men and adolescents aged between ten and twenty-five, to better reproductive and sexual health.'

Continue Reading

1. Harriet

i have been buying Girl Scout cookies for last 2 years,but never again.May God have mercy on this world,we need it so much.

2. Ann

I wasn't at the UN so I can't vouch for what happened at the conference but a quick internet search will show that GSUSA has a long standing relationship with Planned Parenthood and IPPF (through WAGGGS). I find it difficult therefore to understand how GSUSA can say that they do not take a position on family planning. Partnersing with PP or IPPF IS taking a position on family planning, including abortion. This incident has brought to light many areas of GS philosophy that is contrary to Catholic teaching. Time for me to get out of GS.

3. TX GS LEADER

This is a direct response from GSUSA via the local council legal and communications departments:

The Girls Only Workshop that Girl Scouts of the USA recently co-sponsored at the United Nations was supervised by adults and included no distribution of any brochure or collateral of any kind. The only participants were adults from GSUSA, Girls Learn International and The Grail, as well as 30-35 teenage girls. No materials were handed out. GSUSA is working on legal or editorial solutions to the misleading article.

The Girls Only Workshop was jointly hosted by Girl Scouts of the USA, UNICEF’s Working Group on Girls, Girls Learn International and The Grail as part of the 54th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. The workshop was a group conversation conducted to formulate a document that would express girls’ perspectives on global issues affecting girls.

The Girl Scout organization does not take a position on family planning. Our membership is a cross-section of America with regard to opinions on religious and social issues and practices. We believe these matters are best decided by girls and their families.

The Girl Scout organization has no affiliation with any political organization

4. Aica

That is really messed up. What is wrong with the world these days? I can't believe the UN and Girls Scouts are collaborating with Planned Parenthood. Very bad idea.

5. Vivian Ku

This is just ugh... not the girl scouts I remembered.

6. Robert Ross

This is extremely sad.

7. Suzette

I've been to Planned Parenthood and they don't care one bit about women about our rights our sexual health or our options.

They only push Abortions....
    I'm glad i was never able to get my daughter in Girl Scouts must have been God's Will helping us out....
    What a horrible influence....

8. janice

Wake up Catholics,Planned Parenthood is part of the Socialized Health Care.This evil must be stopped.

9. Jim

Marie,
    Read the first sentence of the article again. The Girl Scouts hosted the event where Planned Parenthood gave out those brochures. The Girl Scouts organization surely knew what was going on.

10. Mary Ellen

I am the Girl Scout Leader whose girls developed the Divine Mercy Award booklet for scouts to earn from kindergarten through high school. It was so awesome to see the work of the Holy Spirit and St. Faustina inspiring and motivating these young Girl Scouts to produce a testament to their Catholic faith. Right now, do this for me and my girls - Google: Divine Mercy Girl Scouts. See what Girl Scout Troop 810 of the Archdiocese of San Antonio,Texas mean (per an excerpt from the Constitution of Girl Scouts of the United States of America)that "We believe that the motivating force in Girl Scouting is a spiritual one!"