Ex-Scientologists Speak Out at LA Press Conference Comments

On Friday, six ex-scientologists spoke out about their experiences inside the Church of Scientology  at a Press Conference in Hollywood. Continue Reading

1. Joy

And this is the main reason I read www.catholic.org. Unbelievable posts.

2. DrivenToTears

former Sea Org member.
    left in Jan 2000.
    now a liberty activist.
    all of this that is coming out is connecting a lot of dots for me.
    thanks and continue.
    we are winning on all fronts.

3. DebbieC

It's heartbreaking watching those videos. A church did this to it's members? Forced abortions? This is disgusting.

4. Salvatore90

Hello Mr. Sly:

I see you are still posting comments (as of 19 Feb).

But mine have not made it past your filter. Why? Because I disagree?

By the way, as I have said in my posts, I am a Scientologist. But here is something you may find interesting. One of my good friends who is a Catholic and NOT a Scientologist, made a post under one of your columns, attempting to correct some facts. She was promptly assaulted by your loyal "Anonymous" legionaires, accusing her of "lying" about not being a Scientologist. Nice crowd of admirers you have.

You have my e-mail address. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in some actual discourse.

Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed in your willingness to publish false information as long as it serves your purpose. "The end justifies the means" is not a concept I endorse, and from my Catholic friends I believe it is not something you should support either.

Over to you.

5. katienoel

Dear Mr. Sly,
    Thank you and Catholic Online for this continuing series of articles. The more light that can be shed on these abuses the better.
    I have been protesting for two years because, as a Catholic, I just can't stand by and watch people continue to be abused.

6. alena volk

John Davis, Jeff Hawkins answered your question at the press conference. Watch his video for the answer. http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV

7. Randall Forrester

May the Lord give those who witness wrongdoing the strength to take a stand. May He give those who live in fear and misery the courage to try a new direction. Dear Lord, please look kindly upon those who have been disconnected from their families, and help them to seek restitution. In the knowledge that You will grant Your mercy to those who have strayed, and are lost in dark places and in bitterness. Keep them safe, and bring them home. Amen.

8. Tim

Remember that the RPF (labour camps), sec-checks and the harassment of critics is all part of Scientology scripture.

9. randy S

I don't pay any attention to the scientologist but their compound in Hemet is CREEPY!

10. former scientologist

It is well-documented that L Ron Hubbard cloaked his organization in "religion" for 4 reasons:

to be afforded tax-exempt status.
    as a shield when his pseudo-scientific "theories" kill or injure.
    so that the organization can scream "bigot" when anyone questions the abuses.
    to avoid fair labor laws.

That this organization is allowed to still operate in this country is shocking.