Scott Brown Wins Big in Massachusetts: The Emergence of the Independent Voter Comments

Boston Tea Party. The emergence of the Independent voter in the two Commonwealth States of Virginia and Massachusetts will become the story of the campaigns of 2010 and 2012. Continue Reading

1. paul

Scott Brown may have won the election, still this is not a great victory for Massachusetts.It is not a great victory for america. It is at best Détente for Massachusetts and we will see senator Brown as more of the same Global vision of most of our elected officials. I hope im wrong.

2. John

Americans have voted for common sense. It's good to see the Tea Party movement growing and educating the people on the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

This isn't about Dems vs. Repubs. It's "progressives"/"liberals" vs. freedom-lovers/Constitutionalists.

3. Eddie

Well, health care reform is now dead. Neither party is going to want to spend any political capital on it anymore. I had hoped that some compromise could be reached that we could all live with and help the uninsured.

Why are our only alternatives a party that is Pro-Life but views the poor and disenfranchised as parasites and one that wants to protect everyone but the unborn?

4. CatholicTaxPrep

What a wonderful victory tonight?

5. Marty Lund

I'm still disappointed that Senator Brown doesn't recognize the inalienable Right to Life endowed by the Creator on all human beings, great and small.

That said, I'm glad the candidate that supports waiting periods, freedom of conscience, parental notification, and an end to partial-birth abortion won over the candidate who walks lock-step with NOW/NARAL.

6. ProudBostonCatholic

I am a proud Massachusetts Independent who voted for Scott Brown. My wife (a democrat) crossed party lines and also voted for Scott. For me it was a no-brainer, the periods of best American prosperity always come when separate parties own the White House vs Congress. For my wife, Martha's extreme views against the conscience clause made Martha the worse of two evils. I actually think that in Massachusetts, many Catholic-raised women are growing up and abandoning their pro-Choice stance - they are getting married, looking at their newborn's, and realizing the devastating error in their former pro-Choice views.