Scott Brown Wins Big in Massachusetts: The Emergence of the Independent Voter Comments

Boston Tea Party. The emergence of the Independent voter in the two Commonwealth States of Virginia and Massachusetts will become the story of the campaigns of 2010 and 2012. Continue Reading

1. Harold Olsen

I hope Brown's win in Massachusetts will put a stop to Obamacare which is a pro-abortion bill,though I'm not very optimistic. One thing I had to laugh about after the results of yesterday's election was announced, and I think it show just how stupid some Democrats are. One Democrat, and I can't remember his name, said that Brown's victory showed how disenchanted the voters are with the Republicans. So let me get this straight. The voters are disenchanted with Republicans so as punishment they elect one. Makes perfect sense to me.

2. Mario

We catholics can accomplish a lot with our vote

3. Bill Purcell

Whenever a politician comes along and want's to "Change America" what he or she is really saying is I DON'T LIKE AMERICA we know better, nice work senator Brown.

4. Josephine

Lesser of 2 evils, maybe, but something that this website should cheer about, no. Celebrating this as a victory is a bit hypocritical if you're against abortion.

Rep. Brown indicated he supports the following principles concerning abortion:

Abortions should always be legally available.

Abortions should be legal when the pregnancy resulted from incest or rape.
    Abortions should be legal when the life of the woman is endangered

5. lhowe

I think Catholics should pray if they can not give a testimony of there own to others concerning the health care bill and what it carries...loss of freedom, abortion,and I fear what the future holds. I fear this because they are not opening the doors to the public or others.

6. Pete Brady

I agree with John, a victory for freedom-loving Constitutionalists. Personally, I think Americans realized that we were on the path to not being the USA but the USSR. And they rejected that. Solidly. The "independents" of Massachusetts and elsewhere have listened to the siren song of the modern liberal for far too long. It's time to get back to the America of the founders. And that means every American reading and understanding what the founders said AND MEANT in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. Of fundamental importance is for us all to cleave to those words in the Declaration that are "the laws of nature and of nature's God."
    And a further understanding of politics in this country could be had by reading the book, "The Party," by the noted Catholic historian Hilaire Belloc.

7. Paul Primavera

I agree with John:

"This isn't about Dems vs. Repubs. It's 'progressives'/'liberals' vs. freedom-lovers/Constitutionalists."

Too many Repubs are RINOs or neocons.

Vote Constitution Party - I believe that their platform is closest to Church teaching.

8. Brian

Congrats to Scott Brown !!!!

9. Marie-A Massachusetts voter

David slew the Philistine. Today's first reading at Mass! God was helping us yesterday.

10. Eileen

This actually makes the President 0 for 3... you forgot what happened when he came to my very "blue" state of New Jersey to stump for the incumbent Democratic governor Corzine. It had the opposite effect. Yesterday, our new Republican Governor Christie was sworn in!