Opinion: Chris Matthews should be fired for his Offensive Interview of Bishop Tobin Comments

Matthews showed how inept he is as an interviewer, how misinformed he is as a Catholic, how rude he is as a person and how threatened he is by the Moral truth. Continue Reading

1. JIM O"Malley

About time some one with authority in the church held these so called Catholics accountable. Bishop Tobin is to be commended and supported, and now its time for all the Bishops to hold thir congergation accountable, democrat elected officals have have a choice their Lord or there Party, their power or their church, their is no middle ground on this issue. The next step are Catholics who support canidates who support abortion and once elected are going to do everything possible to keep it Legal. example Dan Rooney of the Steelers support of Obama.

2. Beth

Separation of Church and State. Look into it.

3. Lisa

I'm sorry I can't even watch this guy. He disgusts me. Shame on him! Unfortunately,I don't even think this will make any part of the main stream media,keep up the good work of the Lord!

4. QY

Fabulous piece. Irrefutable logic. Thank you for writing it. By the way, I believe it should be spelled "rite" in The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. It's spelled "right" in both the photo caption and in the article.

5. Bulbajer

That's politics and the media. Each media outlet has its own political leaning, with rare exceptions. All the political "hardballers" are as bad as Matthews.

6. Nicole L.

This article says it all. Just send it to Chris Matthews. I am sure he feels good about himself for showing the world how as a Catholic he can be secular and he does not have to take it from those know it all misguided Catholic bishops. I bet he went to bed feeling proud of himself. I bet he thinks he is a peacock. I wonder how he treats his family at home.

7. pat

Chris Mathews needs a psychiatrist BIG time; he is full of hate.

8. Louis

Matthews, Kennedy, and all who refuse to follow the Church teaching on the gift if life SHOULD LEAVE THE CHURCH until such time as their hearts are changed to accord with Christ's.

9. G A Valero

I do not watch MSNBC and especially not Matthews. He is not only condesending and arrogant, he has lack of moral fortitude. I watch a respectful interview of a clergy (name and title escapes me) in the O'rielly Factor. That interview is so informative which I was emotional at the end.

I don't know why anyone wants to be interviewed by Matthews expecially MSNBC.

10. Jebbie

There is no need to censor people such as Chris Matthews. He is entitled to express his opinions and ask hard questions. If the Bishop wants only easy questions asked by sycophants, then stay in the Bishop's mansion, and stay off the television news shows. If he is going to get into the political arena, he should be better prepared. He can certainly continue to evade the hard questions, but if he does, he will continue to look foolish on television interview shows by experienced interviewers. I suggest he prepare for the hard questions before his next television appearance, or stay off political television shows.