Opinion: Chris Matthews should be fired for his Offensive Interview of Bishop Tobin Comments

Matthews showed how inept he is as an interviewer, how misinformed he is as a Catholic, how rude he is as a person and how threatened he is by the Moral truth. Continue Reading

1. meridith r lewis

Excellent article. Never understand why Chris has not been denied sacraments or excommunicated for not following the dictates of the Church & advocating beliefs contrary

2. Bill

Chris Matthews may have been raised Catholic, but it's obvious he's not a believer. He has lost what little journalistic integrity he may have had. No wonder Fox News leaves his tiny, little show in their shadow. He is an apostate, plain and simple. Shame on him!!! Any person who has dedicated their life to the church should be treated with the utmost dignity and respect.

3. vjbtpoc

nvmdedb , http://www.vccweb.com/reseller-web-hosting.html reselelr website hosting

4. matais

la elecciГіn a Ud difГ­cil

chester

5. funTeeimmig

http://vpshostings.com/cheap-vps/ cheap vps hosting

6. Chris

You don't need to get Chris Matthews sacked, just give him the same punishment as Mr Kennedy - deny him the Eucharist. BTW How come the Catholics church didn't didn't deny the Eucharist to supporters of the terrorist activities of the IRA who killed 1000's of innocent adults and children?

7. electroniccig

8. Ewan

I personally feel that despite his show being called Hardball, Chris Matthews often plays slow-pitch with his guests. This was one instance in which the show lived up to his name, and I applaud Matthews for it. I don't feel that he was unfair to the Bishop; he gave him many chances to explain his position and was invariably met with "I don't know," "that's not my job," or "I'm uncertain." I don't have any insight as the preparation before the interview - that is, whether the Bishop was informed beforehand that Matthews would be so passionate about the Church's attempted involvement in legislation - but those who have any familiarity with his record at all would be aware that, though a Catholic, he is an adamant believer in the separation of church and state. America is a nation founded on this principle, and as Matthews noted during the interview, there is Scriptural precedent for it as well. The Bishop was out of line, and Matthews called him on. I wouldn't call this rudeness, poor interviewing skills, immorality, or any of the other insults that have been thrown at a him. To the contrary, he was doing his job as a journalist

9. PtS

I find it incredible that Chris Matthews is "Catholic," incredible that anti-Catholic, pro-abortion people read and object to the content of this, and other, loyally-Catholic websites that write and post conservative, pro-life, pro-marriage, pro-Pope, pro-Church stories and articles!

If you hate what's posted on the site, why the heck do you bother to read and make ignorant comments disagreeing with every article written and posted here? Some of you make silly anti-Catholic statement/comments on every article!! Get a job or something, good grief.

10. K.C.Thomas

I feel that catholic journalists like Chris Mathews should spend sometime reading and understanding the moral laws of the Church. First of all they should ask themselves " Am I a Christian ? What is my duty as a christian ? Should I be committed to Jesus and his Church ?Let them answer and gain more knowledge