Ave Maria University Receives Four Million Dollar Gift and Uncharitable Criticism Comments

Charity calls us to be charitable, beginning with one another. It calls us to love all men and women as the Lord does. Continue Reading

1. Jack Gordon

Some are surprised that the Catholic blogosphere (I hate these idiot neologisms) are narrow-minded!?!? Haven't they noticed the reactionary ring of many of the posts at this very site?

2. K. Beringer

Respectfully, this article should define those "positions in the past." Just last year, Mr. Golisano gave $1 million to the Democrat National Committee for Barack Obama's convention. Mr. Golisano also, last year, financially backed 50 New York politicians that NARAL also endorsed. Mr. Golisano has not recanted from any of that support.

3. Pam

As a graduate of the Institute of Pastoral Theology at AMU, I was delighted to read of the donation of Mr.Golisano. And I certainly agree with Deacon Keith regarding Christian charity. All of us have sinned and are in need of the mercy of God! Let us neither give nor take scandal. And let us always remember that there is more rejoicing in heaven over one converted sinner than over the those who may think they are just.

4. Edward.Fullerton

Indeed people can change for the better with Gods grace,psalm 51,yours in Jesus,Mary,Joseph.

5. CWK

Amen Deacon. I've been disappointed to find an intolerant attitude within the Catholic blogosphere myself. It is very hard at times but we must always be charitable. I have many friends and family that are self proclaimed pro-choice. There's no way I can separate myself from them. There is a natural bond of love. I can only try to be the example Our Lord needs me to be for them, not scorn nor turn my back on them. I will never surrender my position concerning life, but I won't treat them with contempt either.

6. Nic Chavoso

Our late revered Archbishop of Manila, Jaime Cardinal Sin, once said, "I will accept money from the devil himself if that will enable me to help the poor and feed the hungry." So there you go! Kudos to Ave Maria University and thanks to Mr. Galisano. And God bless the pure of heart who trembles at His word.

7. Michele

Yes,it is wonderful that Mr. Golasano is now pro-life but I think that taking a gift from someone who isn't perfect is fine. It maybe that step they are taking in giving to good causes is one more step that they are taking towards
    Christ.

I know as people begin approach Christ they begin to be attracted to good things. You let them do good for you as well as by for themselves by accepting their charity.