Bishops Call for Unprecedented, Massive Catholic Opposition to Abortion in Health Care Reform Comments

'We will raise our voices to protect the unborn and the most vulnerable and to preserve our freedom of conscience' Continue Reading

1. Laurie

I hope their arrival to the game is not too late. The mixed messages from these bishops have left so much damage in their path. Catholics who do not understand their faith. Catholics who pick political party affiliation over their faith. I pray it will make a difference. I pray they will finally be the STRONG and COURAGEOUS shepherds that they were called to be.

If the church has to lose its tax status to protect these children than so be it. I feel that this health care bill is going to be one of the last blows that God will tolerate. With God all things are possible therefore I pray God will give our citizens the grace to see how absolutely abhorrent we have become as a nation and that we will CHANGE for God. If God allowed his son to die for our sins, how on earth do we continually stand by and let the most innocent among be killed for our convenience?

2. Robert Onyeneke

Abortion is not healthcare. We do not know the pregnancy that will produce the greatest hope for the world. I strongly advocate for opposition against abortion of any kind. Let world leaders know this.

3. georgia

I am so happy the Bishops are waking up to the consequences of the current health care proposals. However, I do have to ask, where were they last year?? The Pro Life Secetariat put out a sheet on FOCA last year that was absolutely useless. It told about the facts but did not include the very relevant information of the candidate's views on this important issue. How are we, then, to be informed? If the reason might be tax exemption then we risk selling our souls. The President's and Democrats' views on abortion should be crystal clear and not come as a surprise to anyone. Yet I, personally, have been sneered at by clergy for voting another way. I would like to ask Catholics who voted for the President to really be at the forefront of this action.

4. Pam

Of course, all peoples who do not have needed access to healthcare should be enabled to get it! But we also need, just as much, the right to say "no" to being party to abortion through our tax payer dollars and our conscience rights in medical practice must be respected and upheld in law. Abortion kills millions of human beings every year! This health care reform bill as it stands now cannot and must not be imposed on us!

5. John C. Spencer

Bill, Abortion is not health care. They are the ones holding those without health care hostage. They can very easily put in the 3 amendments, but they refuse. Millions without health care or millions dead without a chance at life... Should be a no brainer brother. God bless you.

6. Bill Kraus

Look I hate Abortion as much as any of you But I'm not will to hold millions of people who can't afford health care hostage for my views.

7. Charles J. Trigilio

If the Bishops are serious I'll back them 100%.
    Let's unite all the Catholics in the whole nation. There's got to be at least 64 million of us.

8. Chris Landreneau

Yes, Lord have mercy on us!

What is it going to take for the bishops to realize you can not compromise faith by holding the hand of the Devil, it's like the couple who come out of the storm cellar after a tornado and Elmo says to Marge,"Don't see no problem out here, Marge."
    This raising of the catholic voices in every parish should have been going on since Roe v Wade became a tragic reality.

9. gman

Its about time the bishops seriously joined the fight against the abortion

10. Vance

Hurray the Bishops have come alive. I am onboard with them all the way.