Bridge Over Troubled Tiber: Holy See Welcomes Anglican Christians into Catholic Church Comments

The prayers of millions have been answered and Christian history has been made on October 20, 2009. 'May They Be One'. Continue Reading

1. Barbara

We all hope for Lutherans, too. How would I feel as a Christian, forget Lutheran, looking up and seeing Dr. George Tiller, or the equivalent, in my congregation? Not to crow - we have enablers such as Sebelius, Biden, Pelosi et al. If they're murdering infants in the womb they certainly are accomplices!

2. Jeff Gaab

Pray for us Lutherans, too! There are many, many Lutheran brethren that would jump at a similar, most gracious, offer. Pax Vobiscum.

3. George

Yes Barry, you are free and will be most welcome to participate in any Sunday Eucharist at any Catholic Church! Bless you!

4. KEVIN BROOKE

POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!1 NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE ROSARY!! NOTHING CAN STOP PRAYERS, NOTHING.

5. Myra

It just hit me that I have been praying for our Anglican brethren and lo behold here is the answer. Praise God!!!

6. philip oladijo

Am happy for this development, may they be one, Deo gratias!

7. Barry

Does this mean that as an Anglican, i will be allowed to be part of the Eucharist at Sunday Mass of a Catholic Church?

8. clement charles

Deacon Fournier

I have read your column for years. I draw great strength from them. This one set chills not just up my spine, but everywhere - and let me be clear - they were the chills of a holy thrill. Wow. Stunning development. My father was a fan of the French (I think) theologian Pierre de Chardin (sp?) and his favorite discovery in reading him was the concept that 'all things will become one'. The Great Master Our Lord and Savior be praised in unity with our Creator our Father and His most magnificent and ever omnipresent Holy Spirit. May His Divine Mercy and Love be with all of us who are created in His image and likeness, always. Clement

9. Liturgy

Your readers may be interested in this perspective:

10. Chris Gordon

This is wonderful news, a big welcome back to our Anglican brothers and sisters!

Go Pope Benedict!!!