Bridge Over Troubled Tiber: Holy See Welcomes Anglican Christians into Catholic Church Comments

The prayers of millions have been answered and Christian history has been made on October 20, 2009. 'May They Be One'. Continue Reading

1. PETRUS CHAN

the first step in real union with Roman Catholic catholic church
    the only problem is the married Anglican bishops, to become a Catholic,you cannot ask them to early retire
    There should be a succession plan and let these bishops continue their holy jobs till they are retired???

2. Phil

In light of the upcoming visit by the Pope to N. Ireland in 2010, not yet confirmed, I protest this as an attempt to incite violence and restart the N. Ireland civil war. The language used is derogatory of the Anglican church, indicating that it is somehow degenerate. These insults will be interpreted by nationalist Anglicans in N. Ireland as an attack upon their community. The war lasted for 30 years with over 3,000 dead and has recently quietened down following years of negotiations sponsored by the American government. This article is pouring gasoline on a fire which has burned down and I request it be retracted.

3. peter mwaura

Indeed God has answered the prayers of His faithful servants,Africa welcomes our dear brothers, the Anglicans

4. Tom Maher

To our dearest Anglican family: as fellow members in the Family of God, I humbly say 'Welcome Home'.
    As a Catholic, I pray for your continued discernment and holiness. I pray that all Catholics extend to you the warmest of arms and loving hearts in all humility, as is our holy honor and duty. The can be no doubt the radical unity of our Triune God desires the same unity in His followers, not division-fraction-pride-. Praise God for our Holy Pope and for the Anglican clergy and lay so wise to see this is clearly the 'Will of God'.

5. Marion Ragsdale

Good news, indeed! Since I no longer buy & read a newspaper, I would have missed this important step on the part of my Church -- I heard nothing about it from our Pastor. Can't wait to see my friends at the Episcopal Center and discuss this! Thank you!

6. Alice Langham

The church is family. This concept requires celibate priests. An Episcopalian for 64 years and now as a Roman Catholic I no longer have to try to reconcile the protestant and catholic elements in Anglicanism. My children are converting. Pray for my husband to follow.

7. Sntiago .I

the lord's fold is becoming one. It is the work of the lord let us rejoice and be glad that the sons and daughters of catholic church have wandered away form the stem and now they have come back to the one.

8. Indira Rodrigo

Great news indeed! Does this mean that Canada (and the world) will soon see a Catholic Queen and thus a Catholic Royal Family?

9. Indira Rodrigo

Isn't this Oneness what Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ prayed to His Heavenly Father for in the Garden of Gethsemane? "That they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me."(John 17:21)? Welcome back brothers and sisters. Welcome back to the fold, where you always belonged. Welcome back into God the Father's One Big Family. Alleluia! Thank you for this homecoming O God of Love and of Miracles.

10. Jean

From Steven below: To your comment you may find your answer in the Bible and also look in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

There was a reason and forget what it was then as to why we have celibate priests now.

It is not dogma it is a discipline.

So check the Catechism See #1579 about Celibacy.

This may or may not give you an understanding to the discipline.

What a good achievement by the Catholic Church! The issue is: if the Church has accepted married Anglican clergy, why does she close her doors to optional celibacy? A big question.
    Steven | 10/21/2009