President Obama Receives Nobel Peace Prize. War on the Womb Continues Comments

God spoke through the Prophet Jeremiah in warning many centuries ago 'Peace, Peace! they say, though there is no peace.' Continue Reading

1. Laurie

Ed,
    So a president's words mean more than their actions? If that is the case his words about abortion should be reviewed also. More babies are KILLED than any war in the last century.
    I bet Pope John Paul would not agree with the "unjust war" on the poorest and helpless of us all. These 3,000 to 4,000 souls every day have to die a horrifying death, while we congratulate a man who has done NOTHING but talk about his version of peace.I am so tired of politics.
    Deacon Fournier is trying to convey this message is many of his articles on this site. Until we stop being democrat or republican first we will continue to promote and defend political positions rather than Catholic positions. I will pray for you as well as myself to choose God's beliefs before some politicans.

2. Bruce W. Carr Jr.

This man did nothing within the first 12 days of his term in office (which is when the deadline for nominations for this award are due)to deserve this. In fact this man has done nothing within the past 9 months to deserve this award. One more stone in the Temple of Obama...

3. Christian

Awarding Obama the Nobel Peace prize would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. What is this world coming to? Never mind, I already know. Well, I suppose there is a silver lining in all of this. This is going to cause me to pull out my rosary and pray like I never did before. We are in big trouble. We need help. We need Divine intervention!

4. Wes Lisitza

Ummm...excuse me. But what did this clown actually DO to get this award? Seriously. I mean, the only thing that he's done was carry out the initiatives of the prior president on the economy, and more than 95% of his promises have not been achieved. Does anybody remember "The first thing I would do, if elected to office, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act..."? He didn't even do that!

If anyone gets a chance, go check out the Newsvine poll that is currently at MSN. At present, an overwhelming 61% of people have voted that they have contentions with this award being given to Obama. I mean, maybe this celebrity president should win a Grammy, Golden Globe, or even an Academy Award for all of the pop culture television spots he appears on (as opposed to actually DOING SOMETHING at the White House, like his predecessors). Who knows, maybe he intends to release a movie or a music CD about his life, and it's coming out this year. Or maybe Obama is appearing in a Broadway presentation. He's had more personal commercial enterprises than any other president I can remember. What's next, "Obama-O's" cereal?

Of course I'm ranting, but seriously, did he earn this award for cutting into Israel, placating to Ahmedinejhad and Chavez, and going abroad apologizing on behalf of America for something we did? Did he earn it because of ND and Georgetown? Or was it when he commented on Kanye West?

5. Mary

This just proves the Nobel Peace Prize is no longer about peace; it has become only a political prize. I wonder what Obama will do with the prize money? Mother Teresa made sure her prize money went to the poorest of the poor.

6. Ed Burke

This is the rest of our world saying, " Well Done America, You picked the Anti-WAR man for the job at long last !" Take a Bow my fellow Americans, President Barack Obama is a huge improvement over his predecessor. It must gratify the soul of 'John-Paul The Great' to see that his warning that Iraq would be an unjust war may have fallen on the deaf ears of George W. Bush, but that Americans did better the next time around.

7. Eileen

There is no peace in the United States for human beings who are still residing in their mothers' wombs. President Obama is a liberal darling - that's the only reason he was awarded the Nobel "Peace" Prize. He has done NOTHING in his one year in office to earn this honor.