President Obama Receives Nobel Peace Prize. War on the Womb Continues Comments

God spoke through the Prophet Jeremiah in warning many centuries ago 'Peace, Peace! they say, though there is no peace.' Continue Reading

1. Dan

David, ah, Obama did not find a cure for cancer. Michael--Americans are finally moving pro-life in adverse response to this administration which has done zero, nothing, nada in any way to protect the innocent. Any questions?

2. Bulbajer

David E., I kind of agree with you. I think Obama will prove to be well-deserving of the award, albeit completely neglecting one stage of human life. Though I have to admit that he received it kind of early in his term...

3. Ed Burke

As an American I am sorry that Chicago lost the chance to host the Olympic Games. I am also proud that our new and better president finds such popularity and support around the world, and wins as a consequence, the Nobel Peace Prize.

As a Catholic I try to love my fellow man, and not judge him. I do not blame the abortions in this nation on our president, though clearly this website routinely does exactly that. I think Obama stated his opposition to abortion, and yet demonstrates his desire to not lock women up who have them. The nation commits a grave sin by these abortions, and everything should be done to stop abortion. But so far we've murdered abortion doctors in cold blood, vilified people like Obama who refuse to seek laws to imprison women over the issue, and even proudly proclaim support for war mongers who lie us into unnecessary wars that even the Pope himself opposed, all because they say they oppose abortion. These people don't do anything you understand, but they say they are anti-abortion, and that absolves them of the rest. Obama said that we should do what we can to minimize all abortions, make them 'rare' was I believe what he said. That seems like a good starting point to me. Maybe we should try and stop demonizing the man, and who knows, he and his millions of fans might begin to listen to the arguments.

'My way or the Highway' rhetoric has not gotten us anywhere on abortion, so maybe plan B is in need of a chance. Prayers work, They are the best way, and seeking the better angels of our opponents can't hurt. Keep villifying the man daily as this website does, and his supporters consider us all a buncha nuts, and stop listening.

4. Michael

Can anyone explain to me what babies Obama has killed? He seems a man who embraces peace and pragmatism. I think we should all be pleased to see recent polls that Americans' are becoming less inclined to support abortion rights. That's wonderful news -- a sign that we're making progress on this important life issue. But I'm still scratching my head wondering why some of my fellow Catholics keep placing the burden of abortion on the shoulders of a young, intelligent president who's still learning his way around the White House.

5. David E.

Amy, Deacon, et al., I imagine if President Obama discovered a cure for cancer you would still write about it negatively, and view it through the lens of abortion politics. I suggest that the award of this prize does advance the Catholic cause for peace, and that in and of itself is worthy of some positive recognition. But no, apparently for you, there is no good here in this story, and that boggles my mind.

6. mike

WOW!!!!!!!!! Why would anybody care about who receives the NOBEL Prize - Wasn't the same award given to Arafat?

The only difference I see is that Arafat destroyed more "adult" lives outside the womb, while Obama destroyed much more lives inside the womb, but his policies. But both certainly have something in common - no wonder both received the same award.

7. MPL

There is no bigger threat to peace than abortion. How some can continue to not see the forrest for the trees is really unbelievable. You are blind because you say I see. May God forgive us for not loving Him.

8. Amy

David: Everything does begin with abortion. If we are pro-death, this is reflected in every aspect of life. Abortion is not an isolated issue. I congratulate Deacon Fournier for being bold enough to stand up for the rights of the innocent.

9. Paul Michaels

Maybe we should pay attention to the Vatican's reaction:
    "The awarding of the Nobel Prize for Peace to President Obama is greeted with appreciation in the Vatican, in light of the commitment demonstrated by the President for the promotion of peace in the international arena, and in particular also recently in favor of nuclear disarmament. It's hoped that this very important recognition will further encourage that commitment, which is difficult but fundamental for the future of humanity, so that the desired results will be obtained."
    I think we all need to peacemakers in the very depths of our hearts, and before we cast stones let us see how we can build bridges to peace.

10. David E.

I tend to see the award to President Obama as a stretch. But Deacon, you go too far in making every single issue about abortion. You should instead be celebrating this award as a recognition of steps the U.S. is making toward global peace--is progress on that front (whether deserving of a Nobel Award or not) not a positive in your eyes? You seem to consistently miss the forest for the trees. Celebrate positives every once in while, won't you?