Should Disordered Appetites be Civil Rights? Comments

The Catholic Church will not change its position on the nature of marriage because it cannot. Truth is not up for grabs. Continue Reading

1. Jean

I forgot check out Humanae Vitae and other encyclicals by the Popes on other Church matters.

2. Jean

Re: Catholic Marriage and other rights.

I thought this was covered under legal rights already.

You'll have to check out the Catechism of the Catholic Church on what it teaches about marriage.

Very informative book along with the Bible.

I also found Yves Dupont's book interesting for future reference.

Its very dated but an interesting book nontheless.

3. Bulbajer

murphy, I say yes, but don't expect many others to agree.

4. Murphy

Is it possible to be in favor of some of the legal rights, i.e. hospital visitation rights, financial affairs...etc...
    and still hold the Catholic view on Marriage.

5. Jean

As a woman and a Catholic I dont feel cheated that I cant be a priest.

The Lord the more I get to know Him the more I find Him interesting especially as we get closer to Him.

Were in very exciting times.

For one thing when the Church says it has no authority to make female priests it makes a lot of sense.

One clue is this, The Church is in the world but not of the world.

She is subject to the laws of Chirst. Christ did not ever appoint women. He appointed 12 male apostles. He had the upmost respect for women and HE, Christ had a reason for not doing this. Im sure that Christ knew about women very well in the best sense.

Take for example what he did for women who was being stoned. He said, now one condemns you women go and sin no more. He liberated women then but I do not feel its right for me to usurp our Lord's authority in this regard.

There will be a second coming and when He comes back all of you can ask Him why He didnt appoint women.

In the meantime Im going to obey His commands. I suggest all of the Catholics in the Church do the same. Study what He said.

6. Jean

Im still waiting to see the science.
    I hope we see it in the coming years.
    I suggest an article over at Pro-Life Phillipines.
    Click or punch in homosexuality.
    Everyone scoffs that Soddom and Gomorah is supposedly fictional and that what happened there has nothing to do with today.
    I wonder.
    Science and history are discovering something did happen there.
    The question here is did something happen at Soddom and Gomarah that has been detrimental and affects the society of man and how civil society would condone itself as a stable community?
    Like I have stated before and Im no expert if homosexual marriage is a civil right and it was tolerated in pagan cultures how come we dont hear about these civil unions or civil rights of the past?
    Hey how do you explain Nero from Roman times?
    Im not talking religion here but about the past and past societal behavior.
    What is the difference today?
    This isnt only a moral issue it is a question of how it will affect society now and in the future?
    Also I thought the Courage Apostolate was doing a fabulous job.

7. Lou

@Bulbajer - Yes. I feel there is a very dangerous path that could be taken once you start enshrining religious beliefs (that cannot be justified through secular arguments)in law. Theocracy is terrifying - so often it perverts religion into a mere power play, or imposes systems on people that they do not believe in.

8. Linden Avery

Is this diatribe against "special rights" not slightly rich coming from a person who has a position because he is male? The Catholic Church has no trouble keeping positions of authority because they are men, so this article both amused and saddened me. In addition, people do have a "civil right to be fat", just as they have a civil right to be black, Jewish, gay etc. People have rights because they are human. And while "homosexual acts" don't make a marriage, neither do "heterosexual acts": in addition, you need commitment, love and official sanction from the State.

9. Jean

Carlos
    God Bless and the Church isnt judging you. Its trying to help you.
    Go over to the Courage Apostolate on the Web and check out its website.
    Love in Christ Brother.

10. Carlos

As a homosexual Catholic, I am always being attacked on who i am as a person. Catholics condemn my homosexual tendencies, and ridicule me because of the way God created me, and Homosexuals attack me for being attached to a church that has spread intolerance for LGBT's.

I hope that the Catholic Church will wake up and realize that there is nothing wrong with my sexuality. They are doing the exact opposite of their intentions by critiquing God's creations.