Fr. Alberto Cutie Renounces his Catholic Faith and becomes an Episcopalian Comments

'This is truly a setback for ecumenical relations and cooperation between us' said the Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Miami Continue Reading

1. Father Bill Keebler

The Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, in "Light of the World," suggests that in the case of a priest in a relationship with a woman, if there is a true relationship present, the priest should lay aside the priesthood and pursue that route. Why in the world would anyone renounce the True Faith when this possibility is present? It is more important to be a Catholic than to be a priest.

2. mariadavis

Who are we to judge. Paul states that the celibate lifestyle is not for all and better to get married then give in to lustful urges. So he gave in to his urges and got caught. Even Jesus forgave the woman at the well who had "known" many men. Rahab the prostitute helped the Israelites capture Jericho. God uses everyday people to further His kingdom according to His will. I pray Fr. Albert will stay married and honor that commitment. I pray that God will use him to continue to bring many to the knowledge of Christ. Instead of turning so many away from the church, we are called to forgive as Christ forgives us. Only God knows our hearts, not the priests, bishops, or any other hierarchy of the RCC. Therefore, remove the log from your own eye, before you try to remove the splinter from your brother's eye.

3. maria t. hernandez

why does everyone call him cutie his name is alberto and not cutie. The catholic church does not judge him, whate ever he did he did it to himself. He states for us to respect his prvacy but did he repect God? I feel sorry for him.
    So sad, sad. We all continue to pray for his soul.

4. Adult Dating

This is the kind of thing I try to teach people. Can we count on a sequel?

5. Liza

Amen Fr. Jim! I completely agree!

6. karol

so sad to hear about this news...i thought fr. cutie was very faithful in his ministry. this is an issue of ecclesiastical communion in the hierarchy of the church. his action has a domino effect among the hierarchy, the a quo and ad quem. He is schismatic in the eyes of the church and a threat to ecclesiastical communion in the external forum. I wish him the best in his new life. I hope he made a good choice and can stand by it...

7. Fr. Jim McKay

What is equally sad is the attitude of the Episcopal church official who said that he has not left the Catholic Church, but only the Roman Church. It's a shining example of ignorance and wishful thinking. A reminder of their invalid priesthood and their politically correct 'church' probably wouldn't hurt. The good news is that God is still in charge of His Church, even if the members muck it up at times.

8. Littleflower

I'm so sad and I take responsibility for what is happening. We should pray more for our priests and not judge them. I pray that Fr. Cutie finds his way back to the Church which will always be there for him and all of us...

9. David

This is a shame and disgrace to the one and only catholic church.What should the lay faithful do if an ordained priest can do such a thing?let the pope decide on this.Lord have mercy on him and the rest of priests who are involved in this.

10. Agata

Cutie said he loves the Catholic Church.... if he did, he would have just step out quietly a voiding a scandal within the Catholic Church. I understand him falling in love. I don`t understand his leaving the Church he so adores.....I think he love the limelight more....God forgive him.