Georgetown Covers Up Name of Jesus at White House Request Comments

This is not the first controversy surrounding religious imagery at Georgetown recently. Continue Reading

1. Gloria Charlton

This brought sadness to my heart. I would not invite a Pres. to speak at a University if he can not accept what that university is about... What happened to freedom of religion...??

2. Dean

The reason why people can do this is because most Catholics and Christians are passive sheep. Can you imagine what would happen if he asked to cover the name "Allah" in a mosque or the Star of David? Christians Stand up for your faith and speak out.

3. Rev. J Bunting

It would seem that ALL Christians are forgetting the words of Christ, "if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you."
    I would hate to think that many will be turned away from the Throne of Christ because they simply would not declair faith enough in Him. It saddens me that we also wanted a president SO BAD that was different that we were willing to overlook what he was and not look to the strength of his character. It would seem that Martin Luther King's words fell on deaf ears there when he said that he hoped that there would be a day when you could judge a man by the strength of his character and not the color of his skin. BUT YET, if we dare to say anything against Obama we are racist.
    It is high time black AND white look at the person's character that is being put up for office, and STOP listening to what each political party says.
    It is time ALL Christians stop trying to be Politically Correct and be SPIRITUALLY Correct.

4. Dave Deso

This is so sad!
    I would have never believed we would have let things like this go this far!
    Where will it end?
    Is it too late for the 'silent majority' to stand up and speak out.....or is there even a silent majority anymore?
    God Bless Us.
    Dave D.

5. Shrader

I'm a Christian but not Catholic. I do not understand Pres. Obama speaking at Catholic colleges/universities. The fact that a request was made to cover up Catholic symbolism shows that he does not belong there.

6. vito scalise

UPON VISITING A MUSLIM TURKISH MOSQUE,NO REQUEST TO COVER THE CRESCENT,UPON VISITING ISRAEL,NO REQUEST TO COVER THE STAR OF DAVID.IS THIS A DELIBERATE ACT OF PROVOCATION?

7. KM Mooney

The president and administration of our Catholic Univerisities and in this case, Georgetown are a bunch of wimps. Notre Dame, now Georgetown and others. Do any of these people ever listen to the pope or are they aware of Catholic teaching? Obama is anti Catholic to begin with and now Georgetown has managed to give him credibility and a forum at the expense of Jesus Christ. Shame on you all.

8. S.Paul

I'm old enough to seemingly remember that his late Holiness John Paul II had so ordered that US Catholic universities and colleges were required to put up crucifixes and the like in their facilities after several had taken them down because of concerns they would offend non-catholic or more secular students. This directive should hold true for government officials. Catholics must stand up for who they are and what they believe in before its too late in America!

9. Judith A. Alexander

I am a cradle Catholic and a graduate of Georgetown University. I'm appalled that the Georgetown admin. would bow to these requests of an obviously anti-Catholic (and seemingly anti-Christian) president. This is simply blatant contempt for Jesus and God. And I really cannot understand why a Catholic University such as Notre Dame is honoring such a man.

10. gerrie

I cannot believe a Catholic university would bow to anyone and cover its symbols. I am disgusted with the obama group.If they didn't want a religious background, GO TO ANOTHER PLACE TO GIVE YOUR SPEACH. How arrogant of them, but one is to expect that of them. I, as a Catholic, would have told them no. NEVER!!