New Notre Dame Alumni Group Seeks Fr. Jenkins Removal Comments

Father Jenkins is deliberately acting in contradiction to Catholic teaching. He should, in good conscience, resign. Continue Reading

1. Louise

I just cannot believe that they would ask someone, regardless of who it is, who has the beliefs on abortion so opposite the Catholic church to speak at Notre Dames commencement.... What were they thinking!!!

2. kaclrc

His justifications for "honoring" Obama are not logical. You could convince me about the invitation and hearing opposite opinions if you were presenting an "honorary" degree. But to say that he is Protestant and therefore not accountable to Catholic doctrine is ridiculous. It's like saying your beliefs and values don't matter.

He will cost Notre Dame a lot of money and will probably be let go because of it. Perhaps rightfully so.

3. Pamela Love

Thank goodness that the Catholic community is recognizing the parallel between Georgetown and Notre Dame.
    Obama is (if not directly) a representative of the prince of darkness. I have one question: isn't anyone in charge of the Catholic Church?

A priest I loved very dearly, went to live in a Monastery in Arizona that is designed for Catholic priests that believe that "there are many paths to God." I'm serious. I went to the trouble to look for this priest because I had reached a place in my life where I had some very important questions that I needed help answering. I actually got to speak with this priest, and he told me this himself - or I never would have believed it.

4. vicki richardson

Yes, yes, yes, yes he should resign. He should not need anymore evidence of Obama's lack of morality than the Georgetown incident! I used to have a great deal of respect for ND.....but they need to make a bold move to rectify this debacle! Stand up for your values!

5. Judy Kay

Yes, he should resign. He should not have invited a self-proclaimed abortionist to speak at a Catholic commencement. Catholics all over the nation should protest. Further, it's not only Catholics who are anti-abortion, but there are many, many Protestant Christians who also strongly pro-life.

6. Cathleen

REMOVE FR. JENKINS! He has been given ample opportunity to depart from the error of his ways and has done nothing. Notre Dame needs someone of integrity who will serve the students and their families in alignment with true Christian teachings and values.

7. Jeff D.

Steve, congratulations for your graduation from ND in 77. I graduated in 97. Being a graduate of ND you should be clear in your understandings that there is no debate. One either is for or against Christ and His teachings. This will be judged by what one does AND thinks. It is easy to turn and run from a fight and hide behind debate and intellectual pursuit. I am saddened ND no longer has the courage to stand for what she claims.

8. carl m

There is no way Fr.Jenkins can justify this decision to the catholic or protestant communities.Pray for him to come to understand this is about standing up for our catholic principles.

9. Mike

A question for Paul Fitzgerald...in light of what happened at Georgetown, will Fr. Jenkins be covering up "touchdown Jesus" ?

10. gerry boos

I applaud your efforts to seek the replacement of President Jenkins...he has had every opportunity to retract his erroneous decision...& he just refuses...and is intent to continue this embarrassment. God bless your continued efforts.