New Notre Dame Alumni Group Seeks Fr. Jenkins Removal Comments

Father Jenkins is deliberately acting in contradiction to Catholic teaching. He should, in good conscience, resign. Continue Reading

1. FuzzyR

This is a witch hunt, with about as much moral and intellectual foundation.

Obama doesn't cause abortions. Those are acts of free will on the part of desperate women and misguided providers.

Obama's policies will have a much smaller effect than the economic injustices and the recession created by these self-righteous Republicans.

Instead of cheap talk and the brave, selfless act of casting a Republican vote every four years, these so-called pro-lifers should get into the trenches, supporting pregnancy assistance centers and policies that promote access to healthcare, childcare and other efforts that will actually reduce the demand for abortion.

Again, talk is cheap. And this extreme, reactionary drivel is the cheapest kind of talk.

Leave Fr. Jenkins alone.

2. Ak

Jenkins and the lady that is the Head of the ND Alumni Assoc. should both be removed, IMMEDIATELY!

3. Craig

Am a Southern Baptist and you are doing the right thing. Let him speak at a blank, brick wall so he doesn't offend anyone. Withholding funds is the only thing that gets attention.

4. Justin Kelly

I'm a catholic and I find the attacks on Father Jenkins a little disjointed. He is being castigated for having the non catholic african american prochoice President of the United States speak at commencement when in 1992 the irish catholic pro choice Senator from New York spoke at graduation and was awarded the Laetare Medal. The highest honor one of the "most catholic" universities in the US can bestow. I'm searching the internet for the REPLACEMONKMALLOY web site. I can't find it I guess I'm missing something?

5. Gerald Montgomery

Praise to the Students of ND for their stand regarding Obama's invitation. Also praise for their Divine clarity on abortion and showing more leadership and correctness than their current leader. World and US citizens beware that any that agree to abortion or Heaven forbid, promote it, is capable of any evil or wickedness. For a government leader to potentially force any religous bodies to perform abortions in their hospitals is the utmost in despicableness.I beleive that abortion is indeed an unforgivable sin. It is the students at ND that give humanity fresh hope that sanity still exists in the human family, where in many of the elders it is sadly lacking.Keep up the good work and stay strong in your Faith of Divine Integrity. May God Bless You.
    Thanks for your time from an Canadian citizen.

6. Rene'

I am not a Catholic but as a Christian I too support and applaud standing on principle. We as Christians must stand together in the fight for morality that has gone out the window in our country. It is time to say ENOUGH! I wholly support your efforts to remove Father Jenkins for supporting popularity over morality! Good Luck!

7. William R. Coda

Will Coda
    williamcoda@gmail.com

8. Rita

BRAVO ,GREG!!!! I have a message waiting for the Vatican...and I am stumped" thought I had the email address of the vatican...does anyone out there have it??? Thankx in advance!

9. Rue Angel

I am not a Catholic, but I have, long held a deep respect for the Catholic Church, for it's, unwavering, ANTI ABORTION, stance. I am disapointed & disgusted at this turn of events,...The individual responsible, should either resign,..or be removed from office,..Has he no shame,.?

10. William R. Coda

As Catholics we have an obligation to voice our opinions. I support those who respectfully ask Fr. Jenkins to change his mind or those who refuse to donate money to Notre Dame. But I think you go way too far in asking him to step down; that is not your decision. We have a hierarchy in our clergy that decides those issues. God's kingdom is not a democracy. You should be ashamed of yourselves! You should spend more time praying for God's will (and Fr. Jenkins) and less time trying to overthrow the Vatican.
    God Bless!