Bishop Samuel J. Aquila Rebukes Notre Dame President and Board Comments

Your judgment in this matter is seriously flawed, with damaging consequences, for '…you are not on the side of God, but of men' (Mt 16:23). Continue Reading

1. Mario

Thank you Bishop Aquila for the letter you sent to Fr Jenkins.I admire those priests and bishops who do not mince their words, speak out and defend Catholic teaching. The action of Fr Jenkins certainly diminishes the reputation of Notre Dame.What is the true mission of Notre Dame? Quo vadis?The gravity of Notre Dame’s error to invite the most anti-life President ever really saddens me.

2. Anne M. Bass

I was so disheartened when I heard President Obama was speaking at Notre Dame. If we the people cannot count on our leaders then who can we count on.

3. Peggy Christie Walkuski

Most Reverend Samuel J. Aquila,
    I thank you for confronting a brother priest with truth. For too long have we all been silent. May Our lord Jesus and His Blessed Mother have mercy on Fr. Jenkins and us all. His peace be with you. Peggy

4. 5 years ago

23 Who turning, said to Peter: Go behind me, Satan, thou art a scandal unto me: because thou savourest not the things that are of God, but the things that are of men.

5. Harrison Makwenda

I am totally against the idea of abortion and condom use.I agree with the Bishop Aquila on his stand and thank him for his courage.We need people like him to adhere to our catholic fidelity.

6. jh

May God continue to strengthen our bishops to speak out and defend the faith as Bishop Aquila has done here.

7. Michael DiMartino

Thank you Bishop Aquila for your clear and concise pro-life statement. We pray that your deep concern will move Father Jenkins to rethink his decision.

8. Paul Bauman

Will someone please explain to me why Fr. Jenkins has not been removed,or does he have sanctuary in the golden dome!

9. Jordan Rodenbiker

Thank you bishop for being a voice for us who can not voice our own.

10. John B. DeFreitas

I pray that through all of this the church will arise stronger than ever. Remember it will soon be resurrection time. May every heart burn with love of God during this serson.
    Trust in God. Do not be afraid.
    God bless.