Bishop Doran to Notre Dame: Rescind Obama Invitation or Change your Name Comments

This decision of your flies in the face of the expressed directive of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.I would ask that you rescind this unfortunate decision.(Bishop Doran) Continue Reading

1. idehen osro david

I want to thank Bishop Doran for his effort and wish to let other frs kick against fr Derkins visit.Pls save the church of God so that our lady will stop crying

2. Jake McCoy

Thank you Bishop Doran for this. But the Catholic Church has the authority and chain of command no other denomination has to route out heresy, can no one remove this priest? How long will he be allowed to scatter the flock? I feel it is time to run the money changers from the temple, the whip is optional.

3. Andy Holland

That was good. Many western Saints, when they had to, like St. Dunstan, were not afraid to call things as they really were, and lay it on the line. When Daniel filled with the Holy Spirit cried out that Suzanna was being unjustly convicted of adultery by two elders of Israel, he pointed out that one of those elders had practiced forcing himself on women and the other elder had acquitted the guilty, and oppressed the innocent. The angel of the Lord awaited them, to cut them in two.

As foretold by Daniel, the abomination of desolation standing where it ought not is the desecration of the mother's womb - the most Holy of Holies because Eve is the mother of living, and the new Eve the Mother of God. Those who destroy the temple of God, God will destroy. For their sakes, in love and truth, we must be firm in calling them to repentance, because the sword of the Angel of the Lord is withdrawn, waiting to cut in two those who acquit the guilty, and destroy the innocent - and the time is very, very short - we need to repent.

4. Michael

What we need if this invitation is not rescinded is for the National Council of Bishops at their next meeting to not only reaffirm their 2004 statement, but make changes so that the 1967 Land 'O lakes statement is null and void..Make the "Catholic" Universities and colleges go back under the direct control of the Church or loose their Catholic Identity...
    Nothing short of returning control to the Chruch will work..Those who have taken control of some of our "Catholic" universities know nothing else..Fight them.

5. Wayne

I applaud Bishop Doran for his stand against the intentions of Notre Dame University - There can be no compromise of our principles. Ever. Period..!! As a Catholic, I share the belief that our church continues to be a beacon of light for all that is right in the world, and a moral compass in a world wrought by evil. Father Jenkins should take note, and have the University recind it's invitation.

6. Regina

Maybe Pres. Obama could be persuaded or even converted if he came to Notre Dame and observed how good Catholics live their faith truly then you would be preaching the Gospel. If Pres. Obama is exposed to good pro-life, pro-catholic people,I believe good could come from it. Or we could all through a stone at him. My thoughts and prayers reach up to God for all of you. Regina

7. Sue

Thank you Bishop Doran.
    Fr. Jenkins please rescind “this unfortunate decision” now, as it is almost the Holiest week of our church.
    I think you should step down.

8. Allie

I hope Father Jenkins hears you and recinds the letter or renames the univ.

9. Jane

Thank you to the Most Referend Doran. My faith has been restored. I was ready to send my book,Catechism of the Catholic Church,to Father Jenkins. I would have carefully wrapped it in black paper to signify my state of mourning at the blatant disregard he has for our beliefs. A marker would have been put on page 547 stating what a grave sin abortion and stem cell research is. I am so happy that Reverend Doran reiterated what the directive was for Catholic schools stating that no Catholic school should be given awards, honors or platforms which would suggest support for their action.

I trust that all the Bishops will join with Bishop Doran and call for Father Jenkins to recind the invitation to Pres. Obama. Maybe then Our Lady can stop weeping and so can all of us who love her and our Catholic faith.

10. Esther M Ferencz

WOW Bishop Doran! Thanks for one of the LOUDEST PROTESTS YET! I am so delighted that our BISHOPS are BEGINNING to fight for OUR LADY! Shortly we will enter Holy Week and I hope more and more Bishops speak out.....Our Lord is most offended by Notre Dames Presidents actions against HIS MOTHER! We relive Christs Passion and Death in great depth this coming week and it is most appropriate that HE and HIS MOTHER be DEFENEDED at this moment. Maybe Easter will bring a NEW DAWN in the matter of Notre Dame.

Thank You SO MUCH!