Bishop Doran to Notre Dame: Rescind Obama Invitation or Change your Name Comments

This decision of your flies in the face of the expressed directive of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.I would ask that you rescind this unfortunate decision.(Bishop Doran) Continue Reading

1. John Jamisom

May all the faithful unite in prayer and say thanks for the words of faith and courage from the Bishop and may we also pray for the change in invitation

2. A Concerned Catholic

Just curious as to why this same outrage was not present when Notre Dame invited President Bush. He supported a war that was called unjust by both the current and former Holy Father. He also supported the use of federal funding for certain embryonic stem cell lines and no limits on private or state funding for embryonic stem cell research. It should also be mentioned that President Bush was also a supporter of the death penalty. If you are going to enforce a standard, it should be consistent.

3. Ann

I have allways been told never to challenge a priest ( talk about or talk back to ) and I dont want to go back on what I was taught as a child but my opinion is that no Catholic should have voted for the new president we are not allowed to vote for any one who is pro-choice but 54% of the Catholic vote went for the non christian side it would be better to starve to death doing what GOD would want you to do rather than say church and state is seperate that is why the world is in the shape that it is today cuz we seperated church from enerything and by doing that the devil was able to move in better than before GOD should not be seperated from anything unless you dont welcome GOD there and were GOD aint welcome the devil is !

long story short no one that is pro-choice should ever be honored at a ROMAN CATHOLIC, church, school, property ect. get the point the devil dont belong nor need to be honored any place that GOD is being honored and pro-choice is straight from the devil !!!!! dont let him speak there stand up with a cross & a rosary in your hand Fr, and tell him you will keep him in your prayers but he is not welcome were we love honor respect and adore JESUS and his BLESSED VIRGIN MOTHER !

4. robert lilek

please make us continue to be proud of NOTRE DAME! **NOT ASHAMED ***

5. Nancy Louise

Nancy Kelly & Pete - count me in - it's puzzling to be censored for gently telling the truth. As a life long nurse and years in public health I have an understanding of real life issues.

6. Laura in Cincinnati

I agree with Marie. We need to act together under obedience to the doctrine of our faith and then we can move mountains.

7. Ida

I think Reverend John I. Jenkins should read "The Thunder of Justice" pages 15,21,121-125,130.
    Abortion-The Ultimate Child Abuse.

8. James F. Murphy

The unwillingness of our institutions of "higher" education within the church to hold to a Christian ideal weakens the communion of the faithful. We look to institutions like Notre Dame to strengthen our resolve to face those in the world that do not understand the value of human life. Thank you Bishop Doran. President Jenkins, please correct the harm that you have inflicted on Christ's Holy Church in the United States.
    With tearful prayers, James F. Murphy

9. marie

Words fail me! Finally, some bishops with backbone and conviction! Does anyone have a clue what power the Catholic Church could wield if it got its act together on a few pivotal issues??? Let this just be the tip of the iceburg!!!!!
    Marie

10. Stephanie

Surely someone has the authority to fire Fr. Jenkins and the rest of the people at Notre Dame who are not in line with Catholic teachings. I say fire him and rescind the invitation.

It's time to protest for Life and make our voices heard not just with this ND scandal but everywhere. How do your senators vote on pro-life issues? If you are truely Catholic you can't be pro-choice. Call yourself what you may, but don't call yourself Catholic.