Notre Dame Faces Groundswell of Outrage Comments

Notre Dame Professor McInerny said: Notre Dame has forfeited its right to call itself a Catholic university. Continue Reading

1. Mary Blume

I heard on one of the Catholic Rario Programs that they covered the statues of Christ for Obama is this true?

2. Bob Woodley

Is this why I've gone to Washington DC in five of the past six years to march in the January cold and sometimes rainy weather? Is this what our Pro-Life Marches meant to Notre Dame only to have a radical abortionist totally ignore us last January and sign an abortion funding bill the VERY NEXT DAY?! Did I spend 12 years of Catholic education only to learn learned notables don't believe what they preach? As a confirmed Catholic and member of the Knights of Columbus, it is our duty and pledge to be "defenders of the Faith" Fr. Jenkins has become a "betrayer of the Faith".

The Isrealites lost God's favor whenever they turned away from following His laws. The United States with its leftist secular laws and vulgar entertainment favoring immoral lifestyles is headed down the same path. "Blowing this way out of proportion"? That's probably what the Isrealite nay-sayers, and later captives by other nations, told their prophets, too.

3. Joseph

Satan get behind me,

It seems like this Country is going to suffer, through lack of morals and values.

The majority got what they voted for.

Some one that talked well and promised all things you wanted, the deceiver is here speaking what you suckers want to hear and interpreted as truths,

He will do what his conscience tells him to do.Where was that conscience cultivated?

His conscience about abortion has been demonstrated.

To help him repent the Graduating Catholic Students in the face of adversary can,

mild 1) All wear black arm bands to protest the abortion deaths.

harsh 2) Stand with your back to the speaker during the speech

4. ND Student

I attend Notre Dame and all you radicals out there are blowing this way out of proportion.

5. John

Let this act strengthen us in our vigilance. Let it remind us that evil comes in many different forms, is powerful and deceptive. Let it remind us that evil is intelligent and creeps into our lives bit by bit until it someday is leading our country and being honored by our faithful universities. It is only through the acts of each of us and the grace of God that we can reverse these actions. Pray for guidance, pray for the president of Notre Dame and be vocal in your opposition before that right is stifled.

6. Jim Babka

I'm an alumni who has long been disillusioned with the University because of their left-leaning practices (e.g. the fact that Richard McBrien is still on staff as a theology professor). However, this just tears it. I can't bear to call it by our Mother's name anymore because I can't associate her with this abomination. The University has done more than abdicate its right to be called "Catholic" - it is actively telling the Church to take its "antiquated" views and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

I want to organize a protest where anyone with memorabilia from the University brings it to a bonfire so that we can burn it all. Along with various shirts and jerseys, I want to burn/melt my class ring.

I feel so sorry for all the poor students at the school right now. They sweat blood in order to get into the place, and now have to deal with the fact that the place is no longer Catholic.

7. pat

This is an outrage! I would not want my child to have to listen to Obama. What am I supposed to do have my child miss the graduation after all the years of study. What right does Obama have to come here? This man is no CHRISTIAN! I don't such the likes of this in the home of our precious Mother. Does the church care about the people? I don't want this. Stop it NO!

8. john david

I DONOT agree with NDs decision. At the same time I an outraged. I have read the similar comments and agree.

However, I have yet to hear why ND thought this was the correct decision.

Anyone have any info?

9. JM Zak

Notre Dame university will not change its anti-catholic ways until the alumni stop contributing their money to the institution.

10. Mark LePera

I have always loved Notre Dame. NEVER AGAIN!